Xbox360 HD-DVD Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh yeah... I am very happy with its performance. Infact, one of my good friends purchased the Toshiba HD-A2 a few days ago. I hooked up the HD-DVD into his Xbox 360 Today at his place and was amazed on how good it looked compared to the HD-A2. Picture quality was as equal as can be.

He just called me an hour ago and told me that he just returned the Toshiba and purchased the Xbox HD-DVD instead.

Over at AVSForums there is also a huge thread on other Toshiba owners that are also considering doing the same.

Big props to MS for doing an excellent job with this external unit. :clap

Oh yeah... I am very happy with its performance. Infact, one of my good friends purchased the Toshiba HD-A2 a few days ago. I hooked up the HD-DVD into his Xbox 360 Today at his place and was amazed on how good it looked compared to the HD-A2. Picture quality was as equal as can be.

He just called me an hour ago and told me that he just returned the Toshiba and purchased the Xbox HD-DVD instead.

Over at AVSForums there is also a huge thread on other Toshiba owners that are also considering doing the same.

Shrieks loudly: OMG. Who in their right mind would use a video game console as a centerpiece for HDDVD. :) How ludicrous. HAHAHAHAHAHA. How many post have i read here in the last week about this for PS3 and blu-ray. Now people decide to change their minds. I guess some people couldn't hold out.

How did you get/see it when Toshiba isn't shipping A2 yet, I don't know... I smell an A1 or BS... :confused: :p

the hddvd is for most people about video. and the 360 add on is great. going thru vga the picture and colors are fantastic. as for audio, dd works great for me. i have a onkyo that is in a 14 *12 foot living room and thou maybe the new formats are better, i have no problem at all with the digital sound.the pic on my 50 dlp blows away any dvd player i have seen. the comparrison between the oppo i had[ yea i know it only upconverts but the pic was ver good] and the 360 add on are night and day.for 190 i have atrue hd experiance, not really sure what the problem with cable is but it is nowhere near the hddvd addon.

Another surprising advantage is the bootup time for the XBox 360 HD DVD. I hear that the other BluRay and HD DVD players boot up like a PC they take so long....

Speaking from anecdotal information, as I haven't used any of the standalone players... Is this the case?

Yes Bob, the stand alone players do boot up much slower. The BluRay players are a little faster then the Toshiba HD-DVD players but we are only talking about maybe 10 to 15 seconds. I don't see that as much of a problem. However, both the HD-DVD drive for the Xbox360 and the PS3 load and run times have been compared favorably with the times of current well made DVD players.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)