XBOXES Already SOLD OUT!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well it looks like all the XBOX 360 Units are already gone.

We have been on the gamestop list for the second batch, and with all the news of their being shortages my wife decided to call around and see if she could snag one locally.

The two local targets had people in the parking lots setting up tents and they are giving out tickets at 6am.

The 2 24 hour Wal MArts had long lines so the managers gave out tickets to those in line for the number of units they had on hand. Needless to say good portions of the lines were turned away.

The same story goes for the local Best Buys.

Wonder how long it will be until the second batch comes in at Game Stop

the say december second from what I am hearing, seems like microsoft maybe sitting on a bunch of consoles, we have to remember they are doing a launch on the second and the ninth (?) in other countries, but seems like they should be restocking every week, just dont know how much!

I feel SOO good about my decision to wait til the first price cut. By that time you'll be able to pick a unit up anywhere and there will be lots of games out. There will ALSO be lots of used games from the early adopters.

Better plan is to buy as many as you can and throw them up on e-bay on 12/20. Supply and demand....

I know Korsjs is worried as he is working on getting an XBOX360 for us to give away at our Holiday Party.

My promise is this at our Holiday Party we WILL give away a XBOX360, you might not get it the next day after winning, but when we get it, then the winner will get it. :D

Gotta buy 'em up before the hoarders get to them...

I would rather wait until the following:

A) The mad rush is over and I don't have to fight people
B) The quality of the games improves as developers get up to speed on programming for the new system
C) I get an HDTV to actually take advantage of the whole reason to get the 360
D) Money to actually get one!

But that's just MHO.... :)

well ill be going to pick mine up in about 10 minutes (preorder) but from what i have heard is that stock will be replenished weekly.

6 of my co-workers are in Line at one local Walmart as we speak, they are in line as #4 #5 #6 #10 #11 #12. One of them just called me 5mins ago.. it's gonna be a long night, Door open at 7am Tuesday. The weather is on their side with temps here in the 80's during the day, and upper 50's at night.

That particular Wally has 20 guaranteed in stock.

Well see if they come to work tomorrow morning :D

They just showed the bestbuy on tv, at least 100 people in line and even the reporter knew that store only had 50, so how do gamers not know? Early adopters have got to be internet savvy enough, the allocations for bestbuy were all over the net (i posted them here)...idiots...40 degrees and for nothing, idiots...

I heard the guy at BB saying the people in line also got 10% off HDTV's today, plus other deals only for them.

Microsoft has said repeatedly there will be weekly shipments to every chain, just like for the original xbox. I got an email from them last night stating this...again...Every wednesday stores should get them. There won't be a shortage. I guess when M$ told gamers there would be 400k systems, and then told their shareholders a week later that there would be over a million, gamers felt like they were lying to the shareholders...idiots, all of 'em...giving good smart gamers a bad name...

Scott Greczkowski said:
I know Korsjs is worried as he is working on getting an XBOX360 for us to give away at our Holiday Party.

My promise is this at our Holiday Party we WILL give away a XBOX360, you might not get it the next day after winning, but when we get it, then the winner will get it. :D

i told scott we had some semi good news. i went to gamestop to find out what number i was. it was not as bad as i thought. she also said alot of people have cancelled their preorders. i would have thought that gamestop/ebgames would have got a good amount. the majority of the 360s went to walmart and best buy.

i drove by best buy last night at 700pm to see if they were going to open at midnight to sell them. they were not. they are opening at regular hours. there was already 50 people in line with tents and camping stuff.

Thats the way our local stores were as well.

I am reading some very disapointing reviews from some of the hard core gamers who got theirs last night, with many reporting freezing and others saying this is not the XBOX2.0 this is more like XBOX1.5.

I am still very confident we will have no trouble getting units before Christmas.

Preordered mine from a local EB games back on 8-21, they only got in 16 and im no.24 on the list. Sure hope I get one for Christmas.

Someone told me today Microsoft isn't going to ship anymore before christmas? I find that hard to believe.

One thing is for sure.....the xbox 360 is a powerful little machine. I saw someone playing it in a store the other night and it looked really amayzing. But, don't bother buying one if you aren't going to hook it up to a HDTV. HD is what unlocks the true potential of the graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)