XDS PRO4P L band Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

derint

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I am trying to install this receiver which pick signal from AMC 8 139W
I have a 9 Feet and a 12 Feet dish.
I have locked the 9 feet to 139w getting some radio channels on a regular DBS receiver but the XDS pro4p is not getting any signal.
My question is
  1. is the L band using the same LNB as the c band?
  2. is the a L band LNB?
  3. is the 9 feet dish too small for L band?

I don't know anything about these but from the quick start guide:

• This receiver will NOT receive network programming until you connect it to the internet and activate it per the instructions in this document. Your XDS receiver must always be connected to the internet to ensure proper operation.

Unless you are an affiliate I would think it would not be a good idea to try to activate it.:( Hopefully someone who knows something about these will comment further.

Yes The owner is an affiliate and it is connected online. Is there a l band special lnb or it uses the same c band lnb?

I don't know. Perhaps Brian Gohl can help you find one. He posts here as "Titanium", and has owned a couple companies specializing in satellite equipment.

We used to be part of that network. If this is the ONLY receiver on the dish, you need to ENABLE the voltage to the LNB! It's shipped with it off, to safeguard
the units, I assume when they're on shared, existing receiver installations where another receiver like an old starguide or a MAX provides the LNB voltage. It's probably
a software switch, not a physical switch. (Been a long time since I had that receiver type here.)...get the pdf and see about turning ON the LNB voltage if the line is not shared with other receivers!

L-band is the output frequency of a LNB / LNBF. This is also known as the IF.

The LNB LO frequency minus the downlink frequency equals the L-band frequency.

I agree with previous post that the Pro4P may not be configured to output the voltage to power the LNB or LNBF. If the Pro4P is the master receiver and no other device is powering the LNB/LNBF, the LNB power must be activated in the install menu.

What feed type is mounted on the dish? Is it a feed horn with LNB(s) or a LNBF?

Reactions: KE4EST
L-band is the output frequency of a LNB / LNBF. This is also known as the IF.

The LNB LO frequency minus the downlink frequency equals the L-band frequency.

I agree with previous post that the Pro4P may not be configured to output the voltage to power the LNB or LNBF. If the Pro4P is the master receiver and no other device is powering the LNB/LNBF, the LNB power must be activated in the install menu.

What feed type is mounted on the dish? Is it a feed horn with LNB(s) or a LNBF?
It is a feed horn with lnb. Can the lnb be powered by a power inserter like the dish network dp44 switch power inserter?

We'll I am going to check the rf in on the ird for any voltage. When I call the premiere network people they did not mention anything about power to the lnb. But like you said I will try and get to the menu and also use a meter to check the voltage

What is pll c band lnb, how is it different from other c band lnb?
Is the 9 feet too small for normal l band reception?

Phase Lock Loop LNB or LNBF circuits use an internal or external reference frequency to minimize frequency drift of the local oscillator downconvertor (IF / L-band). Stability is critical for reception of narrow frequency, high FEC. low symbol rate or weak transponders.

A 9 foot reflector should be adequate for reliable reception in the continental US.

Helllo, how many channels your looking for, if you need just single channel L-Band then this is the web questtel.com
I got one of this L-Band units for my application

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)