Xfinity vs. directv

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
Sorry for the double post, just trying to get some feedback

I am considering switching to Xfinity. I've been informed my neighborhood has been upgraded to fiber. I've been a Directv customer for ten years and really like it. I currently have 3 HD-DVR's and one standard. Xfinity was in my neighborhood yesterday pitching their new service - every channel, three room HD- DVR (whole house?) with one standard receiver for back bedroom. Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps and home phone. The first year it's $145 tax included, the second year it jumps up $20. I really like Directv, but the Xfinity package sounds great. As far as Internet, the fastest available in my area (Ft Lauderdale) is 1.5 Mbps which sucks for the area I live in. From what Att tells me I'm just outside the stations hi speed limit of 1000 ft. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm comfortable with Directv, but the monthly bill is $110 with no pay channels, just three HD DVR's and one standard DVR

Not sure that a Charter Cable forum is the place to go for a comparison between Comcast and DirecTv.

Sorry for the double post, just trying to get some feedback

I am considering switching to Xfinity. I've been informed my neighborhood has been upgraded to fiber. I've been a Directv customer for ten years and really like it. I currently have 3 HD-DVR's and one standard. Xfinity was in my neighborhood yesterday pitching their new service - every channel, three room HD- DVR (whole house?) with one standard receiver for back bedroom. Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps and home phone. The first year it's $145 tax included, the second year it jumps up $20. I really like Directv, but the Xfinity package sounds great. As far as Internet, the fastest available in my area (Ft Lauderdale) is 1.5 Mbps which sucks for the area I live in. From what Att tells me I'm just outside the stations hi speed limit of 1000 ft. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm comfortable with Directv, but the monthly bill is $110 with no pay channels, just three HD DVR's and one standard DVR

Most new customer offers, especially equipments and discounts, are ,by work experience, based on the new customer's credit history. Remember those fine prints? There is no guarantee that what your neighbor gets is also applicable and available to you.

->>Check the channels that you like.
->>Check the pricing without the promotions and discounts. Promotions and discounts expires. So unless you want to call everytime a discount in your account expires, then I think you should check the regular pricing for both.
->>Do you consider time as part of your decision?

But I am not a fan of bundling services especially internet with tv and or phone. The service provider will have you by the neck with a threat of raising the cost of the other service if you cancel one of the bundled service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)