XM and Sirius merging??

Seems Reuters is jumping on that bandwagon? Wonder where they have been on this news; or consistently relived idea? I wouldn't mind a merger as long as the end product ends up being 80% Sirius (at least) and 20% (at most) XM in composition and content. As in, how we the end user hear/see it at our end level. AND the only worry I have up front is will only one sat caster service drive up our subscription costs because there would then be no more competition? I feel $13/1st unit and $7/each other is ENOUGH! I would like a new package: say $25 - $30/mo for unlimited units (OK, reality - maybe up to 7 on one account)

1/26/2005: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=24200

6/27/2006: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=69828

Last edited:
i think that both went up unrealistically and you are seeinga rather harsh correction in share price. The trend has been bad for the last year but if you bought in late 02 and did not check it until today you would be pleased.

But as to what the service would look like (or sound like) after the merger---it is anyone's guess. Heck it might start to be more like Clear Channel.

lads you have to pay to get all then sat radio channels
it free in Uk

but just dont have it yet in the cars

i think if brodcaster what there single out there that u can pick up that should pay for it not you

is there any free radio station on any off this networks ...
jurdy

Nope, and thank goodness too, I will never go back to free, censored, ad ladened and "scripted" radio for my auto.

We have plenty of available free radio and TV via satellite and internet to our homes and jobs (stationary locations), but they are totally different business segments versus mobile satellite; that's why each has their own discussion group.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Nope, and thank goodness too, I will never go back to free, censored, ad ladened and "scripted" radio for my auto.

We have plenty of available free radio and TV via satellite and internet to our homes and jobs (stationary locations), but they are totally different business segments versus mobile satellite; that's why each has their own discussion group.

ya your right what your sayying but the AUTO DJ not for me do like have some one talk on the radio ..... when i lived in Naples fl all i got was back to back musice Long adds and no djs and those Affiliates rradio shows dont get me started

if you own a radio station u should have 24 hours live thats live djs aswell

jurdy

Don't know why those w/o satellite radio seem to thrive on anything that can be construed as "bad news" for satellite radio. I love it, I have Sirius in one car, and my wife has XM in hers, and when I go back to "regular radio", all I seem to hear are spots. I'd much rather pay and listen than listen and pay! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts