XM announcement

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
earth
Xm is making an "big" announcement today at 1pm. It most likely is the much talked about MyFi

Heres a photo :)

Attachments

• myfi.jpg
    myfi.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,717
new radio

very VERY nifty. a tad pricey - but I'm sure the price will go down over time.

hmmmmmmmmm, I see tinkering going on when this comes out - tinkering of the 'connect to pc' variety...

I think I'm still going Skyfi2. The Myfi is really cool and I would love to have it but $349 is a little more then my wife will let me spend:cool: . If it was $199 I would jump on it in a second.

Although with everything that comes with the Myfi the price may not be that bad. If you look at it a Skyfi 2 is going for $130 + $70 for a carkit + $70 for the home kit your already at $290. And the Myfi gives you 5 hours of scheduled recording versus the what 30 minute buffer for the Skyfi 2.

I believe Sirius is looking at releasing a walkman type around late summer early fall of 05

XM Myfi

Hey people, I didn't want to spike the punch. But I would not get excited over the MyFi just yet. Back in March 2003 when I first got XM, I had to wait two whole weeks before I was able to enjoy it. The reason being is that after numerous attempts of configurements, I could not get the antenna to face south when I put it outside, the windows in my condominium all faced NNW. Thus, I had to use the 50' extension cord to get the antenna outside and facing south, on the roof. When I was finally able to get channel 1 with the 3-bar signal strength, that's when I activated it. Anyway, My point is, I may have to go through the same aggrevation just to make sure "the MyFi is facing south in open air". What am I supposed to do, bring a compass when I run on the beach? or when I ride my bike to and from work? (the iPod suits me well). I'm not going to bet on a 'percieved messiah of portable audio' just yet. Until then, the SkyFi2 is a definite buy for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)