XM Announces 5 Holiday Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Once again this year XM is going to have 5 Holiday Channels, and this year the Holiday Channels will be grouped in their own neighborhood!

Here is a list of the Holiday Channels that was just sent to me by Bruce Kelly of XM's 80's on 8.

The channels are…

103 - Holly – the biggest hits from the 40s through today
104 - Holiday Traditions – Holiday classics from the 40s through the 60s.
105 - A Nashville Christmas – the biggest holiday country hits.
106 - Pops Holiday Classics – the best holiday classical performances
107 - Special X-Mas – the best novelty holiday

The holiday channels will start on Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to it! :)

I wonder what channels will be removed to add these Holiday Channels?

Last year, they had 4 channels, and three of them replaced other channels. I know Holly replaced Sunny, and the country one replaced one of the country channels. It's possible that Holiday Traditions (it had a different name, but same format) replaced Franks Place, but I don't remember.

Special X-Mas was just an extra channel, which makes me wonder why they don't still have Special X full time. Special X-Mas was fun, but got old quick.

That's cool that they will be all together, makes it easier to flip between them. I would normally listen to the contemporary one, but it will be nice to just flick up one to some Tony Bennett when the Backstreet Boys comes on.

Oh, I forgot...

Scott, is it true that Bruce Kelly was so excited about the XM Holiday Music lineup, that he was "absolutely crying" about it? :)

:river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river :river

Special x...is that like alvin and the chipmunks, or bob rivers, or both?

Country Christmas? What's the dif between that and regular country?

"I packed up the pickup,
headed to the mountains.
I needed to find,
a new dogggggg..."

Thank goodness that they're not going to trash my favorite channel(24
Sunny) with that D* Xmas music 24/7!! A little goes a long way. I have complained to them about this for several years, and it always fell on deaf ears. And no - I'm not a Scrooge! Bah, humbug!!

Fayrich, I would not be so sure about that yet. I am sure some channels will go away to make room for the holiday channels.

I think this year they are just trying to group the channels together.

Puro, take the Dr Demento Christmas Albumn add contemprary hits like the Kinks Father Christmas, the Waitresses singing Charistmas Wrapping and you got special xmas.

I miss Special X, I hope they bring it back (and not the sh!tty Special X they have on their website)

Think that the channel numbers mentioned might be those that were all or in part dedicated to baseball. Haven't looked, but they should be vacant spare space now. Anyway, I really hate it when I lose Sunny channel for over a month every year. Always felt that they should choose a different channel to trash each year and not always pick on the same one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts