xm broke?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djnrg787

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
is it just my radio or is xm only working at like 30% and none of the ground repeaters are working and the coverage is very poor?

the repeaters in this area seem to be out. I am outside of DC in VA.

Just talked to XM after being on hold for 17 minutes.

Looks like its a Satellite Prolem, I was actually told "It could be up to 2 days before service is fully restored"

Looks like XM Satellite is down.

Correction: I decided to drive around instead of just testing in my parking space. Using the 2>0>7>XM hack, I can see that I'm getting ZERO signal from one satellite, even in an open sky. After driving around my apartment complex, the signal faded in and out SEVERELY. I was unable to hold a constant signal for more than five seconds while driving at 5-10 mph, and channel changing took 4-5 seconds (result of only seeing one satellite)

Grr the battery on my Inno just died. (Charger is at home)

I was monitoring it here in the office, and coould sometimes get Sat 2, but no Sat 1 or repeater.

Well they are in trouble if the reports of Sat 3 going belly up are true. They will have to move 1 or 2 or both over to 3s position and that will take a few days. Hope that puppy was insured.

Thats what I was going to say minorthr---why did they not have 1 backup sat at each location

Well Sat 1 and Sat 2 pretty much have to work together and act as one sat because they are broken as well. So when they launched Sat 3 they moved 1 and 2 together and they acted as one Sat. When 4 was launched they put it were 1 and 2 are and put 1 and 2 in backup status.

It's funny reading people's reactions to this on the other sat radio forums...people predicting XM's doom and such over this. Bit of an overreaction, don't you think? I mean, a widespread outage that may last several days IS a big deal, but it's not necessarily going to sink a company. Blackberry phones had a major outage recently, and that's a far more critical system than satellite radio, but I don't hear anyone predicting their doom anymore.

All technology fails from time to time. It's not perfect. Get used to it.

It's funny reading people's reactions to this on the other sat radio forums...people predicting XM's doom and such over this. Bit of an overreaction, don't you think? I mean, a widespread outage that may last several days IS a big deal, but it's not necessarily going to sink a company. Blackberry phones had a major outage recently, and that's a far more critical system than satellite radio, but I don't hear anyone predicting their doom anymore.

All technology fails from time to time. It's not perfect. Get used to it.

I dont think anyone is predicting doom however when a brand new sat takes a dive at a company thats all ready strapped for cash that is a problem. Not to mention 3 of the 4 sats they have are now broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts