xm broke?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The problem occurred during the loading of software to a critical component of our satellite broadcast system, which resulted in a loss of one of our satellites.
Sounds like when your computer dies during a bios update. They may just have a huge boat anchor that is circling the earth.

Just got this from XM:
XM Service Update

As many of you know, XM customers have experienced service outages or significantly degraded service since Monday mid-morning, May 21.

We quickly identified the problem and are working hard to return to our normal levels of service. The problem occurred during the loading of software to a critical component of our satellite broadcast system, which resulted in a loss of signal from one of our satellites. We expect normal service to resume midday today (eastern daylight time).

XM apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused. For updates, please go to http://www.xmradio.com.

In the meantime, you can enjoy many of our music channels on XM Radio Online (http://xmro.xmradio.com) if you are close to a computer.

Again, we regret any inconvenience for not having your XM Radio service fully available.

Repeaters just came online here in CT about 2 miniutes ago.

I am in a red cross class so haven't checked if sat 1 is back online yet. But I have a feeling it is.

Here in Indiana I can report normal signal from SAT1 and SAT2. Looks like everything is back to normal.

I wonder if they accidently caused a satellite to move out of position or not point towards the earth and had to wait for an automated reset of the satellite to properly orient itself as a failsafe. About 24 hours after the event it starts to return to normal? Sounds like an automatic failsafe kicking in, I bet there is some programmer somewhere that has some explaining to do.

latest from XM in my email:
XM Radio Resumes Normal Levels of Service

XM Satellite Radio has resumed normal levels of service for customers who experienced outages or significantly degraded service starting yesterday.

The problem occurred during the loading of software to a critical component of the satellite broadcast system, which resulted in a temporary loss of signal from one of the company’s satellites.

After you turn on your XM radio, please allow five to ten minutes to reacquire the XM signal.

XM apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)