Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As of September 1st XM will be dropping its Premium Service "Playboy Radio", it is expected that Playboy radio will be moving to Sirius Satellite Radio and will be offered for free with a greatly expanded lineup.

Also on September 1st XM will be dropping Discovery Channel Radio.

Looks like they are making some room for the canadian channels.

No not playboy radio. First Sirius gets Richard Simmons now this XM what are you doing :no

Next your going to tell me Playboy is dropping the braille edition.

XM is also making some other changes.

Full change lineup:
http://www.xmradio.com/lineup/

For those link impaired:

XM Satellite Radio Makes Additions and Changes to its Already Impressive Channel Line-Up

More Sports Action
XM continues to add more sports to the channel lineup. In addition to Major League Baseball® play-by-play for every team all season long, NASCAR®, IndyCar® Racing, college football and basketball, and NBA games and playoffs on ESPN Radio, we’re now adding even more for sports fans:

XM Deportivo - XM 147 - Debuts August 15, 2005
24 Hour Spanish Language World Sports Radio Channel
The world of sports has just gotten bigger. XM Satellite Radio and Andres Cantor's Futbol de Primera join forces to create a one-of-a-kind destination channel for all Hispanic sports coverage. It's a full-access pass to the most anticipated and most important Spanish language sports broadcasts and commentary from around the world, including wall-to-wall coverage of boxing, baseball, soccer, and exclusive coverage of the FIFA World Cup 2006 on satellite radio. It's right here on XM Deportivo, and its all "en espanol."

PGA TOUR® Network - XM 146 - Now On!
Live Tournament Coverage & Golf Talk
Hear the latest golf news, tournament scores, player highlights, and play-by-play from the PGA TOUR®, Champions Tour, and Nationwide Tour. Don't be left out -- get inside the ropes, with the PGA TOUR® Network on XM 146.

The US Open Men’s and Women’s Tennis Tournaments - On XM Live - XM 200
Monday, August 29 through Sunday, September 11, 2005
XM is the Official Satellite Radio of the US Open. XM will bring you live coverage from the 2005 US Open Tennis tournament semifinals and finals and will feature exclusive programming, including reviews and previews, in-depth player interviews, and the latest US Open Series Bonus Challenge standings.

NEW TALK PERSONALITIES

Ron & Fez – XM 202 – Debuts September 12, 2005
XM’s outrageous comedy duo, Opie & Anthony, will soon be joined by popular talk radio personalities, Ron & Fez. The Ron & Fez Show will begin airing weekdays from 11AM - 2PM ET exclusively on High Voltage™ - XM 202 with encores from 2AM - 5AM ET and highlights all weekend.

OTHER PROGRAMMING ANNOUNCEMENTS

Dave Ramsey
Personal money management guru and best selling author Dave Ramsey is expanding to 3 hours each weekday from 12PM – 3PM ET on Ask! - XM 165.

Randi Rhodes
Candid and unflinching with a lightening fast wit, Randi Rhodes will be live with her full show each weekday from 3PM - 7PM ET on Air America Radio - XM 167

CHANGES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2005:

XM will no longer offer the Playboy Radio Premium Channel (XM 205)
• For Playboy subscriber accounts that show a prepayment for the Playboy service after August 31, a prorated credit will be automatically applied to the account as of September 1, 2005, and will be reflected on the subscriber’s next billing cycle.
• As an alternative, tune to High Voltage, XM Channel 202, featuring the outrageous Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez.

XM will no longer offer the Discovery Radio Channel (XM 161)

For more information, please go to lineup.xmradio.com.

mwgiii said:
I sub to Playboy. It is pretty much a waste of $3 and bandwidth. I have never listened to Discovery.
I agree 101% :yes , I had it for less then a month and thought it was a total waste. All the same talk with a bunch of over weight truckers calling in asking some of the dumbest questions and telling some stupid story :rolleyes: .

I don't think I've seen a positive review of Playboy Radio yet, so I'm not too sad to see it leave.

I don't think Discovery is much of a loss, either.

I'll take a Canuk station if, and only if, there's an all "Great Big Sea" station.

DiscoLoveGrapes said:
I don't think I've seen a positive review of Playboy Radio yet, so I'm not too sad to see it leave.

I don't think Discovery is much of a loss, either.

I'll take a Canuk station if, and only if, there's an all "Great Big Sea" station.

Oh I can hear it now...

"Welcome to XM Channel Blah Blah, It's all Paddy Murphey, all the time."

No, honestly I think the canuck channels will be a very nice addition. The CRTC is going to require quite high levels of Canadian content so you'll definitely hear Great Big Sea, etc etc and get exposed to a bunch of stuff us SoBo (South of the Border) folks wouldn't hear otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)