XM Kills XMLM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Fans of Heavy Metal are waking up very unhappy today as XM Satellite Radio has Perl Harbored its popular XM Liquid Metal Channel overnight.

With NO WARNING whatsoever XM has deleted XMLM from it's programming lineup, now channel 42 tells you if you want to listen to XMLM you need to listen online on XM's website which you need to pay extra for.

It seems like XM is really starting to mean "XTRA MONEY" because they rope you in with these great channels then REMOVE THEM and hold them hostage and make you pay EXTRA to enjoy them (And the channels online are NOT the same channels, there are no live DJ's and songs are just randomly played in Random Jukebox fashion.

Shame on XM for not notifying customers in advance of this change. Shame on XM for making Satellite Radio into Internet Radio.

I'm sure it's a bandwidth issue. With baseball on the way they had to make way and cut the lesser rated channels. I still miss Special X. I wish there was a way they could make them all fit, but SOMEONE is gonna be angry when channels get cut.

I agree there should have been more notice.

I understand that they have to make programming decisions, but to eliminate a channel with no notice just sucks.

They didn't announce it on purpose.

If they announced in advance, the would get calls and emails for weeks leading up to the removal as well as weeks after the removal.

Without announcing it and just removing it without warning, now they only get a few days worth of phone calls and emails.

Honestly I don't think XM cares what its customers want anyways. And to me it's kind of sad.

This is one thing I like about Sirius. We havent had a channel cut yet (at least since July last year when I signed up) and we've had a few channel additions.

Neutron said:
This is one thing I like about Sirius. We havent had a channel cut yet (at least since July last year when I signed up) and we've had a few channel additions.

They may not 'cut' but thay've retasked some channels like when the NFL games were on, some channels temporarly were replaced by NFL games and then put back once the game ended.

rad said:
They may not 'cut' but thay've retasked some channels like when the NFL games were on, some channels temporarly were replaced by NFL games and then put back once the game ended.

Most if not all off the retasked were news and weather channels

Neutron said:

they have changed/cut channels before but it was to add different music channels cant find the web page for it but they have done this before like I said

Sirius has just pissed off a bunch of subscribers, by dropping the Michael Savage show from their political "right" channel, and replacing him with 4 hours of non-talent/ doofus, Mike Church.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts