XM MERGER IS A DONE DEAL!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Give me Squizz on Sirius and a few other music channels and I can stop subscribing to both.

As to the merger, both companies were/are headed for bankruptcy. XM first with Sirius coming later. Cash flow positive does not mean making money or even close to making money. Hopefully a bunch of duplicate infrastructure can be eliminated and the larger combined customer base can give the new Sirius better negotiating power with advertisers, the music industry, and various content providers.

OK, so what happens now? Sirius and XM issue more stock to raise money to finance the merger and post merger activity (which is why their stock prices are dropping now).

On the consumer end, what are the channels that cross over? Do they make Stern available to Xm subscribers for a fee? Do they put NFL games on XM for a fee? What about guys like me that subscribe to both....? Any new benefits for us?

Either way, I'm just glad the FCC mess is finally over. I look forward to the combined radio.... Especially when they send me the notice that they are deactivating my older radios that were issue before the FCC slapped them down for being too powerful (my XM radios never have trouble overpowering an FM channel on my dial in NJ... while my Sirius radio is constantly fighting to keep the signal as every spot on the dial is filled in Northern NJ and NYC...

What a STUPID name.

They should have dropped the SIRIUS name and just kept it XM.

Many people still can pronounce SIRIUS and even more spell it SERIOUS.

I like XM... There is AM, FM and XM seems logical to me.

Let's face it Sirius bought XM and they feel that they have sufficient name recognition to do this.

Last edited:
(cue Dark Knight video clip) "Why ....so.... Sirius?"

Oh well, dumb name..... I wonder what they will do going forward?

Even still, that didn't take long..... With the stock tanking a little yesterday, I didn't think it would happen this fast....

I wonder when we get to start hearing xm programming and people who have xm will get to hear sirius stuff:) soon i bet:D

I'll likely wait until the 'ala-carte' stuff becomes available so I don't have to hear Howard Stern or O&A.

xm ala carte

What I would like to know, is when can we order xm channels ala carte. I really only have a couple of channels that I listen too. If anybody has an answer I would appreciate it. Thanks

I'm assuming it will be a few months, but definitely before Christmas. They have to announce their plans so people will start buying the units at retail again....

This will be good news for Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.... all those early generation radios will be getting upgraded to a radio that can receive both services..... Can't wait...

No doubt about it- the name XM is valuable. The name Sirius is stupid.

Might happen. I hope not, since I'd hate to see grown truckers cry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)