XM or Sirius?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Which satellite radio service do you have? Please let us know what you think of your provider.

Both.

XM: :yes
XMPCR on my Macintosh Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 as well as in my car with an Alpine
CDA-9835.

Sirius:
Provided with Dish Network satellite service as well as a JVC KT-SR1000 in my Wife's car.

Prefer the XM service due to larger format selection & individual station programming content. The subscription price is also less expensive on XM.

Okay, just for clarification you cant vote if the only way you have Sirius is through DISH. Doing so will throw my poll off. :)

Cool that you have both systems in the car. :)

I should say I had both ... I prefered XM of the two, much better comedy and longer loops. Since there is a war pendind here ... let me just say GM always wins the war ... look at D* with 13.2M subs.

Sirius.... better world programing and great music options. I will love the NFL this fall! :D

I miss my Roady!

I bought Sirius for my husband about a year ago when he had to travel cross country. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted satellite radio myself. I subscribed to XM because at that time Sirius did not have a PNP tuner. I switched to Sirius recently because I thought that the music selection on Sirius was better, but XM has a better selection of news channels (although Sirius plays Air America while XM doesn't carry the complete programming). I think the Roady is far superior to the Sirius PNP tuners. I purchased the Audiovox PNP tuner from Best Buy. It's bulkier and the docking cradle makes the unit much bigger. Also there is a bad connection because every time the unit moves the slightest bit the tuner powers off and then back on. Due to the size of the unit I don't really have a place to mount it in my Santa Fe, but the Roady was a perfect fit. I would love to know if Sirius will be coming out with a PNP tuner that does not require the annoying docking cradle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)