XM or sirius????????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sanhin2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hey i was intersted in getting satellite radio. i wanted to know which was one was better XM or sirius?? like in terms of equipments costs and monthly fee and also do they have any international stations like south asian?? can some pzlzz outline these for me?? ;)

sanhin2 said:
Hey i was intersted in getting satellite radio. i wanted to know which was one was better XM or sirius?? like in terms of equipments costs and monthly fee and also do they have any international stations like south asian?? can some pzlzz outline these for me?? ;)

This is going to cause a huge debate :D

If you like Howard stern or the NFL you go with Sirius as they are not on XM.

If you like MLB, opie and anthony or after next year the NHL then XM is the way to go since they are not on Sirius.

If you do not care about any of those things then as far as music goes. Sirius tends to be a little more hit based. Where you mostly here hits with the occasional "B side" song sprinkled in there. XM seems to play an equal amount of "b side" and Hits from artists.

As far as equipment goes. Sirius has pretty much caught up to XM as far as features go. The only real difference is the XM 2 GO line that are portable radios that can receive a signal and let you listen live. Think of an XM walkman. Sirius has just released their first portable the S50 but it can not receive live radio out of the car or home cradle.

Of course your now going to get 20 responses bout how XM sucks and then 20 more about how Sirius sucks. So I tried to keep it as non bias as I could.

sanhin2 said:
I have had both services, both are comparable in setup cost. My hang-up was always quality. I prefer the MP3 deck I have now. Both carriers seem to have have poor loop times and the sound quality is not what one usually expects. FWIW.

sanhin2 said:

I have had both and I prefer XM. It comes down to content. I think the XM has more variety. They seem to have more monthly features, and play more songs from artists that are not neccesarily their "hits". I like the XM better because they market the radio for what it is and has to offer. Sirius markets the artists and they have big payroll to pay these artists for their face and names. This may be why they have roughly half the subscribers as XM, because XM is, and continues to be the pioneer of satellite radio.

Its up to you though.

I'm an XM subscriber. I like both for music but I want my baseball. NFL isn't a draw for me since I think it's a visual sport. Baseball is a radio sport, football is a TV sport.

both sirius and xm have nice features but my vote will go to sirius,i like thier replay recievers and sirius has a better line up of talk radio,and i also think they have a better music line up also.

My vote is xm, i do currently have xm i love it but i dont think i wil switch the stocks are better on xm and xms satellite arangement is better. xm's sats are geostationary 3 of them so if u get signal in one spot itll stay where as sirius's sats move so u may be in a shadow every once in a while and xm has a ground repeater system for big cities, for complete coverage not sure about sirius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)