XM/Sirius to get FCC approval? Yes, Maybe!

Thanks for the clarification.. Beyond Howard and some sports, what does Sirius have that XM doesnt?

Much better Canadian content, for one. Excepting NHL, ATN, and the Verge, most of XM's CanCon is just looped programming that is obviously only there to meet Canadian requirements.
Sirius has much better Canadian partners; granted, quite a bit of Sirius' CanCon is remixed terrestrial radio, but at least it seems listenable.

Also, Sirius has NPR and WRN; I think at least "NPR Now" would be a great complement to XMPR.

Furthermore, there are specialty channels with Elvis, Margaritaville, Shade 45, Faction, Siriusly Sinatra, and Metropolitan Opera. Talk specialties include Martha Stewart, Playboy, OutQ, Catholic Channel, EWTN, and Cosmo.

Obviously there isn't room to add all of it to XM, but it's also possible that some of the aforementioned Sirius stations could be added by merging with and/or replacing equivalent XM programming. Particularly in the Canadian selection, XM wouldn't have much to lose by dumping Canada 360 for CBC 1, for example. Although, it's unclear whether the Canadian government would allow it.
I could see Siriusly Sinatra integrating select programming from XM High Standards, especially since Sinatra would be the larger brand name.

This is just my opinion, but I like the Sirius stations better than the XM stations. That is why I pay for 2 radios currently on my Sirius subscription. The only thing I would like to purchase that XM has is the baseball package. I am sure some people that have XM would like to just get the football pack. I don't see any plans to sell the sports pack as an add on. I think that if people have to buy new radios, it is going to hurt the money that could otherwise make on people who will sub for new ch's. But if I can't add just the baseball pack to my sub for the summer, I am just going to sit tight because I already have all I need and more with Sirius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts