Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Free XM Satellite Radio for Every Fan at Game One of the 2005 World Series

In the Largest Giveaway in the 102-year History of the World Series, Fans to Receive Coupon for RoadyXT Satellite Radio at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago for Game One and Minute Maid Park in Houston for Game Five

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- To celebrate the first game of the 2005 World Series, XM Satellite Radio will offer a free satellite radio to every fan who enters U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago for Game One this Saturday, it was announced today by XM and Major League Baseball.

The giveaway will be the largest in the 102-year history of the World Series.

When fans arrive at the ballpark for the first game of the Fall Classic, every ticket holder will receive a coupon good for the brand-new Delphi XM RoadyXT satellite radio (MSRP: $79.99), plus a World Series commemorative pin attached to the coupon.

In addition, if the 2005 World Series goes to a fifth game, XM will extend this offer to fans at the Minute Maid Park in Houston for Game Five.

The 2005 World Series caps the first season of Major League Baseball action carried live and nationwide on XM, the official satellite radio network of MLB. XM carried every single game of the 2005 regular season, and is carrying all postseason games through the World Series.

"XM raised the bar for Major League Baseball coverage by giving fans across the country every game, all season long," said Howard Jacobs, senior vice president of strategic partnership marketing, XM Satellite Radio. "In the one year since XM announced it would carry Major League Baseball games, XM's customer base has doubled to more than five million subscribers. We want every fan at the first game of the World Series to experience XM Satellite Radio for themselves. And if the series goes to five games, we will do it again for Game Five."

Fans have enjoyed unprecedented coverage of the postseason on XM, which broadcast four feeds of each game during the league championship series: the home team feed, visiting team feed, national feed on ESPN Radio, and Spanish-language play by play from ESPN Espanol. This comprehensive, four-feed coverage will continue through the World Series. Plus, XM's exclusive baseball talk radio channel MLB Home Plate (XM Channel 175) will broadcast live from the stadiums and other locations in Chicago and Houston during the World Series. XM will have a major in-stadium presence in Chicago and Houston, including XM listening stations and XM signage.

The Delphi XM RoadyXT is the newest satellite radio for listening to XM's 150-plus channels of live sports, commercial-free music, and a wide variety of other entertainment choices. The respected PC Magazine recently awarded the RoadyXT radio an "Editor's Choice" distinction in a five-star review.

Each RoadyXT coupon distributed at the ballpark will have a unique code number. The coupon holder can use the code number to order the RoadyXT online. Consumers pay a $12.95 monthly subscription to listen to the XM service. When ordering the RoadyXT, the coupon holder must prepay for the first three months of service.

About XM Satellite Radio

XM (Nasdaq: XMSR) is America's number one satellite radio service with more than 5 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City and Nashville at the Country Music Hall of Fame, XM's 2005 lineup includes more than 150 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: the most commercial-free music channels, plus premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and 21 channels of the most advanced traffic and weather information. XM was named Best Radio Service at the 2004 Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards.

XM, the leader in satellite-delivered entertainment and data services for the automobile market through partnerships with General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, Porsche, and Volkswagen/Audi, is available in more than 120 different vehicle models for 2005. XM's industry-leading products are available at consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, please visit http://www.xmradio.com .

Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements in this press release include demand for XM Satellite Radio's service, the Company's dependence on technology and third party vendors, its potential need for additional financing, as well as other risks described in XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 8-5-05. Copies of the filing are available upon request from XM Radio's Investor Relations Department.

Wow. Great promotion. With one Houston win, I'll get one of those coupons. If I get one I'll let the Prize Goddess give it away at a chat. I said "if".

That sounds cool, btw this is not the first time Satellite Radios have been given away at a sporting event, Sirius gave away radios to everyone who went to this years SuperBowl.

Scott Greczkowski said:
That sounds cool, btw this is not the first time Satellite Radios have been given away at a sporting event, Sirius gave away radios to everyone who went to this years SuperBowl.

LOL. I had forgotten about that, the radio received Sirius and the local Fox channel if I remember correctly. I wonder what they will do at the next Super Bowl?

I wonder if any of those Coupons will end up on "FLEABAY" cheap. I live too far away to pick up one but would like to get a coupon REAL CHEAP anyway.
If anyone gets one they don't want or needs PM me..... with an offer I can't refuse.

Like anyone in chicago is gonna know what XM is...=)>

Why a 5th game? Why are they knocking on houston? houston opened their doors for katrina victims, how about game 3 ya schmucks...

If chicago sweeps (no, but...), houston fans get the shaft, what kind of promotion is that?

Purogamer said:
Like anyone in chicago is gonna know what XM is...=)>

Why a 5th game? Why are they knocking on houston? houston opened their doors for katrina victims, how about game 3 ya schmucks...

If chicago sweeps (no, but...), houston fans get the shaft, what kind of promotion is that?

Just guessing, it must have to do with TV advertising revenues. I agree, XM could have handled the Houston give away a little better. Shouldn't be a big issue, the Series should go at least 6 games.