XM to launch and all Beatles Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing a very strong rumor that XM is close to launching a "All Beatles" channel.

Now I am being told that while it's an "All Beatles" channel it will not be All Beatles, in fact a majority of it will be covers that others have done of the beatles work.

I got to get a listen to the new channel for a few moments today and I must admit there is more material for this channel then I imagined. I heard beatles songs redone by such artists as Ray Charles, Motley Crue, Joe Coker, Aerosmith, Smashmouth and more.

This could be a cool station. :)

However no word of when it is coming.

I should update, I heard from my friend this morning and was told that they channel may not be for the Satellite Service, instead it may be a channel for AOL.

Oh well. Don't know how many time I could hear George Burns sing Maxwells Silver Hammer anyways. :D

This reminds me of Special X's "Magical Misery Tour," which played bad Beatles covers. Death Metal and rapcore groups should steer clear of Michelle.

Oh, and I miss Special X.... :(

So all beatles all day eh? Sounds like a few of the oldies stations on the regular radio I have now...=)>

The all elvis channel is actually pretty cool (and i'm not a fan, died before I was born), so the beatles one could be as well. Plenty of good beatles covers to go around...

Sunny 24 has a fair number of easy listening covers of Beatles songs. So what does the AOL bit mean? Paying an additional $14.95 a month to AOL on top of my XM fees so I can hear all the XM material via my Verizon FIOS ISP? .

Remember, XM has channels on the Interent not available on the radio... maybe they will be expanding that. I'm not crazy about a channel dedicated to one artist, even with covers, it just doen't appeal to me at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)