Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing a very strong rumor that XM is close to launching a "All Beatles" channel.

Now I am being told that while it's an "All Beatles" channel it will not be All Beatles, in fact a majority of it will be covers that others have done of the beatles work.

I got to get a listen to the new channel for a few moments today and I must admit there is more material for this channel then I imagined. I heard beatles songs redone by such artists as Ray Charles, Motley Crue, Joe Coker, Aerosmith, Smashmouth and more.

This could be a cool station. :)

However no word of when it is coming.

I should update, I heard from my friend this morning and was told that they channel may not be for the Satellite Service, instead it may be a channel for AOL.

Oh well. Don't know how many time I could hear George Burns sing Maxwells Silver Hammer anyways. :D

This reminds me of Special X's "Magical Misery Tour," which played bad Beatles covers. Death Metal and rapcore groups should steer clear of Michelle.

Oh, and I miss Special X.... :(

So all beatles all day eh? Sounds like a few of the oldies stations on the regular radio I have now...=)>

The all elvis channel is actually pretty cool (and i'm not a fan, died before I was born), so the beatles one could be as well. Plenty of good beatles covers to go around...

Sunny 24 has a fair number of easy listening covers of Beatles songs. So what does the AOL bit mean? Paying an additional $14.95 a month to AOL on top of my XM fees so I can hear all the XM material via my Verizon FIOS ISP? .

Remember, XM has channels on the Interent not available on the radio... maybe they will be expanding that. I'm not crazy about a channel dedicated to one artist, even with covers, it just doen't appeal to me at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts