XM vs.Sirius Round 11 Audio Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Which Service Has better UDio Quaklity

• XM

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Sirius

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Too Close to Call

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Don't Know Don't Care

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
OK let's see how the two services compare on this one. Which one has the better overall sound quality. Feel free to elaborate in your post.

When I was trying them both back about 2 years ago I thought they wee nearly the same. Over time with my Sirius and a buddy that has XM I hear only a slight change leaning toward Sirius. I voted too close.

Last edited:
Please post as to why you are voting for XM or Sirius!! What do you find different or better about the sound quality, and on what stations?

I find (now) XM to sound "less full", less depth or range. I have listened to both on a few separate auto and home systems; namely my own where I am acutely aware of the quality, power, sensitivity and responsiveness; from the amp to the loudspeakers.

I really can't tell much of a difference but I do remember reading somewhere that Sirius' music is a little less compressed than XM's even though they are compressed ALOT. So because of that, Sirius got my vote.

Last edited:
I run both through the same head unit and powered sound system. This last Spring XM lost a lot of sound quality to me and is not as good as Sirius. Of course this is my opinion and both are far superior to FM radio.

Sirius, sound quality has greatly improved on all channels but its most notible on any talk channel that the tin like quality has disappeared.

Well thisa one ends in a tie between the two services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)