• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
This is a category that means little or nothing to me but that I understand is fairly popular. So vote for the service that has the best Dance programming and please indicate why you like one over the other.

Guess not! I think its harder to distinguish between the two services. Each service offers five channels, and a lot of their programming rarely duplicates. Anybody with a Mac can make dance music now, right out of the box. Hard for me to vote, since I've never tasted Sirius' flavors before, on dance music. I more or less use it to make sure my speakers aren't rattling anything. Nothing like that repetitive low bass note to pin point rattles!

Another win for Sirius this time by a 4-2 margin. But no one told us why!

I got my XM radio primarily to listen to XM 81 BPM. I enjoy the station although it doesn't really compare with internet dance music stations (too bad they won't carry any them over XM's bandwidth!)

I also some times listen to XM 82 The System, which plays less poppy dance music (mostly trance). It's pretty good, but not as good as Sirius's Area ?? "trance progressive" station I used to listen to on Dish Network (is it still around?).

I don't really care for XM 80 The Move or XM 83 Chrome (disco).

I also some times listen to XM 82 The System, which plays less poppy dance music (mostly trance). It's pretty good, but not as good as Sirius's Area ?? "trance progressive" station I used to listen to on Dish Network (is it still around?).)

That is Area 33 now, and it IS still around. I agree with tvdxer. XM81 BPM trumps The BEAT 36 due to variety. Sirius seems to be running that dance channel like those typical Dance oriented terrestrial radio stations. Therefore the Sirius product has its place. But I choose more variety, especially being new to the genre.

Thanks for the heads up on the internet front, I think I'll give that a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts