XM vs. Sirius Round 5---Sports

Which Service Has Better Sports Programming?

• XM

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Sirius

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Too Close To Call

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Don't Know/Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
OK So far we have one three way tie and Three wins For Sirius. Let's se what you all think of the sports programming on the two services.

Last edited:
Sirius hands down and they have all the other major sports including Football and Nascar in January 2007 the official carrier,

I am not much of a sports listener since I can almost always find a TV when there is sports worth watching on, but just the sheer variety and choice Sirius has, makes it the winner.

XM hands down because of MLB and NHL

NFL and its 16 game season is best watched on TV. (I don't know too many people that have a football parties and listen to NFL games on the radio) Also, I'd rather pay for Sunday Ticket when it comes to NFL than pay for a Sirius subscription.

Baseball, with it's 162 games, and NHL with 82 games makes XM the number 1 satellite radio sports provider to me. Also, call me old fashion, but baseball translates so well to radio especially when you listen to good broadcasters. NHL, if you can't make it to the actual game, is much more enjoyable to listen to on the radio in my opinion that watching on television.

XM is losing Nascar but I find myself wanting to watch a NASCAR race more than listen to them. Since XM has exclusive NHL and MLB contracts as well as ACC, Big Ten, etc... for college and the same ESPN radio, Sporting News Radio, and Fox Sports radio that Sirius has, I truly think XM wins out when it comes to sports.

Last edited:
I don't understand the appeal of racing on the radio. I am also a baseball and hockey fan and that pushes me to the XM camp.

Having said that I know that football is more popular than baseball (with roughly 10% of the games) and the the NBA is hands down more popular than the NHL.

But the sheer number of baseball games and the talk statiosn push me to Xm on this count. In fact I was ready to buy Sirius and it was pretty close and finally went with XM because I knew that i would listen to MLB and NHL games if I had access.

But then again i am a fan of out of market teams. I am a transplanted New englander and while I can get the Red Sox and Bruins at night (and even have them on my AM presets) the audio quality is light years better this way.

I voted XM because I listen to NASCAR more than anything else right now. I can listen to the Rangers basball here locally and listen the the home team announcers all the them time. Next year I will have to dump XM and get Sirius so I can have NASCAR again.

Baseball is good and one reason I have an XM radio, but ALL of my favorite NCAA teams are on Sirius. To me, there is no contest.

Well it was close this time. But Sirius prevails. So far Sirius has either won or tied for the lead in all 5 polls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts