XMAS gift from DISH???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Shame, Shame. I had Jewish next-door neighbors and they are some of the most generous people I know.

Lighten up already. I have nothing against Jews but I can't resist an opening line like that one. As I posted before EVERYONE knows that Charlie is the tighest person in the industry and makes a penny scream. That is why he is a billionaire . Lets remember this is supposed to a jolly time of the year. We need to get our humor where we can.

Charlie only has 16 billion dollars, he cannot afford to give us a Christmas gift. Then he would only have 15,999,999,999 dollars. Cause $1 is about what it would cost him.

Not likely given Charlie's office Christmas Party costume
grinch.jpg
Charlie must of gotten home and started to relax in his normal attire when he's not in the office.

At least Scott Greczkowski gave all of us a year of gifts. We all should be thankful for that. Merry Christmas to Scott Greczkowski and his family.

Charlie is not tight. He's simply frugal. Frugal means you don't waste money unnecessarily. Frugal people are good: they have more money to be generous with. Go frugal!

Frugal means keeping costs down by looking for good deals on good products. Miserly means keeping as much money as possible even if that means getting terrible products that barely get the job done, until problems crop up. Interesting that this comes up during the time of Scrooge. I'm generally frugal because I dont have alot of money to spend to begin with and look for bargains. But I assume Charlie has lots of money. However... if I am wrong and Dish is having money troubles then many things are understandable.

I would say it is not frugal or miserly, but business. Dish (and every other provider) stay in business by negotiating the best deals they think they can get with content providers, packaging them in packages they think will sell and selling them to the public for the most money they think the public will pay. 150 or any other number of HD channels is just for marketing. Dish probably thinks that they have a package that will keep most subs happy, attract new subs and costs them as little as possible. All the channel additions cost them money why spend it if they do not think it will cost them customers.

I would say it is not frugal or miserly, but business. Dish (and every other provider) stay in business by negotiating the best deals they think they can get with content providers, packaging them in packages they think will sell and selling them to the public for the most money they think the public will pay. 150 or any other number of HD channels is just for marketing. Dish probably thinks that they have a package that will keep most subs happy, attract new subs and costs them as little as possible. All the channel additions cost them money why spend it if they do not think it will cost them customers.

The beautiful thing about business is it's profit-driven. The mistake is to assume your objective is to keep costs to a minimum when actually it's to maximize your profit. Charlie could cut his programming costs to zero by jettisoning all channls: why doesn't he do that? Bottom line (no pun intended): Charlie runs Dish the way he wants, Liberty (I guess) runs D* the way they want and we see who's "right" by comparing profits. Lately it's been a no-brainer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)