Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Country Music Icon Willie Nelson Joins XM Satellite Radio to Relaunch Traditional Country Channel

XM's 'Hank's Place' to Re-open Under New Management as 'Willie's Place' on July 10

WASHINGTON, June 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM Satellite Radio, the nation's leading satellite radio service with more than 6.5 million subscribers, announced today that country music legend Willie Nelson will join XM to launch "Willie's Place" (XM 13), XM's traditional country music channel, formerly known as "Hank's Place." In his new role as "proprietor" of "Willie's Place," Nelson will provide creative direction for the channel, as well as contribute exclusive programming to "Willie's Place" and other XM commercial-free music channels. "Willie's Place" will begin broadcasting July 10.

"I've been a fan of XM and Hank's Place since the very beginning. They put a lot of thought and hard work into making the channel sound as good as it does, so I feel privileged to be a part of it," said Willie Nelson.

"It's an honor to have an American music icon like Willie Nelson take the reins of our traditional country music channel," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming, XM Satellite Radio. "Like the channel itself, Willie embodies the heart and soul of country music. His involvement further underscores XM's commitment to country music nationwide with the most country channels and innovative content for country fans."

In addition to changing the channel name, XM is building new studios for "Willie's Place" in Carl's Corner, TX, located in the Willie Nelson's BioDiesel Truck Stop. "Willie's Place" will begin broadcasting live from Carl's Corner in 2007.

"Willie will be a great addition to the channel and I know we'll have a great time down in Carl's Corner," said Eddie Kilroy, on-air personality for Hank's Place.

This announcement comes just a few days in advance of Willie Nelson's Annual Fourth of July Picnic concert. XM will air Willie's legendary concert, now in its 33rd year, on its progressive country channel X Country (XM 12) Tuesday, July 4 from 12 noon until 12 midnight ET. XM on-air hosts Jessie Scott and Eddie Kilroy will broadcast live from the concert site at the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.

In addition to Willie Nelson and the Family, other artists scheduled to appear include: Kris Kristofferson, David Allen Coe, Ray Price, Billy Joe Shaver, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Leon Russell, Randy Rogers Band, Harmonic Tribe, Shooter Jennings, Paula Nelson, Noel Haggard, Folk Uke, Stoney LaRue, Titty Bingo, Johnny Bush, Del Castillo, Bonnie Bishop, Pauline Reese, The Mothertruckers, The Geezinslaws, James Hand, Freddy Powers and Bill McDavid, No Justice, Jimmy Lee Jones, Mike Graham and Heather Myles.

About XM Satellite Radio

XM is America's number one satellite radio service with more than 6.5 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City, the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, Toronto and Montreal, XM's 2006 lineup includes more than 170 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: the most commercial-free music channels, sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and the most advanced traffic and weather information.

XM, the leader in satellite-delivered entertainment and data services for the automobile market through partnerships with General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan and Porsche, is available in more than 140 different vehicle models for 2006. XM's industry-leading products are available at consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, please visit http://www.xmradio.com.

Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements in this press release include demand for XM Satellite Radio's service, the Company's dependence on technology and third party vendors, its potential need for additional financing, as well as other risks described in XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 3-3-06. Copies of the filing are available upon request from XM Radio's Investor Relations Department.

SOURCE XM Satellite Radio

I never really considered Willie Nelson to be traditional country. But what so I know about country music I am from New England.

Carl's Corner is just up I-35 a wee little bit from Round Rock.

Could be interesting once they start broadcasting from there.

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts