Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

XStreamHD™ Showcases Revolutionary Whole-Home HD
Entertainment Solution at the Satellite 2009 Show

Emerging leader continues to successfully test and advance the development of its groundbreaking technology

MCLEAN, VA – March 25, 2009 -- XStreamHD, an emerging leader in the delivery and distribution of Full 1080p HD entertainment direct to the home, via satellite, will be giving live demonstrations of the XStreamHD whole-home solution at the Echostar booth # 597 at the Satellite 2009 show. These demonstrations will feature content accessible through XStreamHD’s advanced graphical user interface (GUI).

The unique transport system, testing on the AMC-16 satellite at 85 degrees west longitude, enables XStreamHD to deliver Full HD movies, music, and games from the content providers directly to subscriber homes throughout North America in exactly the format that the content was meant to be viewed and listened to.

“We are the first provider of Blu-ray quality Full HD (1080p) video and up to 7.1 channels of lossless DTS-HD Master Audio™ unlocking existing FSS (Fixed Satellite Service) capacity,” said George Gonzalez, founder and CEO of XStreamHD. “Our advanced technology enables consumers to experience in studio master quality content, just as the studios intended for them to be enjoyed while enabling consumers the ability to utilize their home entertainment systems to their maximum capabilities.”

Recent tests of the XStreamHD unique transport system validates the ability of the network to deliver Full HD (1080p), Blu-ray quality video with up to 7.1 lossless channels of DTS-HD Master Audio™ directly to consumers’ homes. When fully rolled-out, XStreamHD will offer its customers unparalleled access to movies, HDTV, music and electronic games.

XStreamHD will be showcasing its unique transport system and consumer platform at the 2009 Satellite Show in Washington, DC at the Echostar Booth #597.

About XStreamHD

XStreamHD is leading the HD revolution, setting a new standard for the delivery and distribution of Full HD entertainment throughout the home. XStreamHD provides the first-ever transport network to deliver high-definition movies and music directly to the home via satellite – offering Full HD (1080p) video and up to 7.1 channels of lossless audio. With XStreamHD, consumers can build a customized, unique, and unparalleled in-home entertainment network and enjoy the content they want most—including movies, music, electronic games, broadcast HDTV, and more—when it’s most convenient, anywhere in the home, and at the quality today’s home theaters were
designed to support. XStreamHD is based in McLean, Virginia.

For more information, please visit www.XStreamHD.com.

Attachments

• XStreamHD Satellite 2009 Tradeshow 25-Mar-09.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 421
I am very interested as well, in addition the notice that they are in the Echostar booth has me rasing my eyebrow and taking notice.

If anyone is going to bring you news and information on XStreamHD its going to be SatelliteGuys so STAY TUNED. :)

Yes, let's not forget all the great things they did in promoting and building Voom. They're a great business partner. Anyone else wondering how long before law suites begin over stolen technology and the like.:D

Still anxious to see Xstream. Though, I now have my doubts about it being a viable option to Dish.

I'm wondering if this will be available for Satellite retailers to sell and install.

Another thing you guys missed on the Echostar thing. Since they are using AMC-16 then they are leasing from Echostar.

Very interesting indeed! Will hav't to watch this one! Just hope Charlie don't get his paw's own it and water this down too, back off Charlie! Oh, and maybe they might carrie SPEEDHD too! :rolleyes:

The borg-Dish network

Yes, let's not forget all the great things they did in promoting and building Voom. They're a great business partner. Anyone else wondering how long before law suites begin over stolen technology and the like.:D

Still anxious to see Xstream. Though, I now have my doubts about it being a viable option to Dish.

You touched a raw nerve... Voom ( I dared to mention words not spoken!)

Dish does not make for a good partner.

All new and exciting technologie should be afraid very afraid of dish...

The satelite version of the Borg!

I'm sure some of the folks on the forum thought of this already, but I just want to put it out there clearly:

Not only does Echostar lease all of AMC-16, they're using most of its capacity for their white-label IPTV service called "ViP-TV" (all MPEG-4 SD and HD for small telcos using the same ViP series of dual-tuner SD/HD PVRs that DISH customers know).

Since XStream HD will use that same bird, it means that a household could conceivably get both ViP-TV and XStream HD with a single Ku-band dish. It could be a sign that XStream HD would simply sell/lease a re-branded Echostar ViP receiver just like a small/regional telco would that resells the ViP-TV service.

More on ViP-TV...

Technology:
Echostar ViP-TV - Technology

Programming:
Echostar ViP-TV - Programming - Channel Lineup

No live programming, just a push pull vod type of service. In fact I believe Rich (hokie) is on the floor now getting pictures of their setup there.

Yea, they just had the basic setup there, and it wasn't doing any live data transfers, even though the echostar guys right next to them were doing live data from dishes setup outside. The content is sent to your STB without you knowing about it. Then, when it is ready, your choices of what to watch will automatically update. So it is not a traditional VOD service where you request a movie and it appears a couple hours later or you stream it.

The user's link back to XStream is via their existing broadband connection (so, over the internet).

If they are in any way connected with Echostar it is a disqualifier for me. I would like to see an independent satellite company get going. The industry needs competition. The big providers are entrenched, show no real willingness to compete for customers, and only seem to whine when their costs go up.

You touched a raw nerve... Voom ( I dared to mention words not spoken!)

Dish does not make for a good partner.

All new and exciting technologie should be afraid very afraid of dish...

The satelite version of the Borg!
I do think Charlie is behind it funding and helping. He will pull the plug and let it collapse due to its flawed business model and then pick up the pieces he wants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)