xx24 software is here! - 8/24/2022

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
New Joey 4 and Hopper Plus software versions:
0815101627-00.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not yet.

And its my understanding They will be available to new customers only for a little bit before they are made available to existing customers.
The date for existing customers that we tentatively have is Sept 15th. I loaded up a few Pluses, Joey 4's and WiFi Joey 4's - which look identical, without the Coax input on the WiFi Joey 4's and like Wallys, no optical outputs on either, which is dumb.

The date for existing customers that we tentatively have is Sept 15th. I loaded up a few Pluses, Joey 4's and WiFi Joey 4's - which look identical, without the Coax input on the WiFi Joey 4's and like Wallys, no optical outputs on either, which is dumb.
Wait, the Pluses have a coax input? What is that used for?

No, that’s not what I said, the Joey 4 and the Wi-Fi Joey 4 are identical looking, except the Wi-Fi Joey 4 doesn’t have a coax input
Okay, I was under the impression that all three devices looked identical, and the only difference was the ports on the back. What are the specs on these? [Dimensions (length, width, height), etc.]

Okay, I was under the impression that all three devices looked identical, and the only difference was the ports on the back. What are the specs on these? [Dimensions (length, width, height), etc.]
I don’t have the exact specs but they’re all around size is about 2/3 the size of a Joey 3 and about twice as thick. So if you’ve ever seen one of the smaller boxes that comes from DIRECTV with their genies, I would say about the same size is that in sickness and slightly larger diameter

New Joey 4 and Hopper Plus software versions:
View attachment 158110
You do have the latest software versions, but you don’t have the android software which can only be downloaded off of one of our USB drives that we carry. Dish has reiterated several times this week that the android software cannot be downloaded over satellite.

I’m afraid you’re probably going to have to wait until they start releasing these to existing customers next month unless something changes before then

You do have the latest software versions, but you don’t have the android software which can only be downloaded off of one of our USB drives that we carry. Dish has reiterated several times this week that the android software cannot be downloaded over satellite.
As far as the Joeys, I think Scott mentioned that they may still work as Dish clients, even without the Android software. Man, that must be inconvenient for Dish (and for customers with Android equipment) if Dish has to send them USB drives every time they need to update the Android software.

As far as the Joeys, I think Scott mentioned that they may still work as Dish clients, even without the Android software. Man, that must be inconvenient for Dish (and for customers with Android equipment) if Dish has to send them USB drives every time they need to update the Android software.
I would believe that’s only for the initial install and after that the software will update itself on demand. And yes, the Joeys will still work as regular clients but not as part of the Hopper plus update, if I understand this correctly

I would believe that’s only for the initial install and after that the software will update itself on demand. And yes, the Joeys will still work as regular clients but not as part of the Hopper plus update, if I understand this correctly
Is there any advantage to using the new Joeys without doing the Hopper+ upgrade? (Speed improvements, any other new features, etc.) I know some people here were wanting the new Joeys, without necessarily wanting to add the Hopper+.

Is there any advantage to using the new Joeys without doing the Hopper+ upgrade? (Speed improvements, any other new features, etc.) I know some people here were wanting the new Joeys, without necessarily wanting to add the Hopper+.
Well they are 4K, for one thing but they don’t have optical output so depending on your system, you may have a hard time using them for any type of AVR. Beyond that, they are in very short supply so I don’t think Dish is going to just come off of them for general viewing purposes

HipKat so is it for sure a tech visit will be required to install the Hopper Plus and new Joeys?

Well they are 4K, for one thing but they don’t have optical output so depending on your system, you may have a hard time using them for any type of AVR. Beyond that, they are in very short supply so I don’t think Dish is going to just come off of them for general viewing purposes
What about the reverse, if someone wants to get only the Hopper+, without adding the new Joeys? Are there plenty of the Pluses to go around?

They do have the Android software. The method they used to download was not via satellite.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay and Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)