Yahoo Once again Increases Email Space, and improves Spam Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the spam filters at Yahoo are outstanding. I typically average 1200 to 1500 spams per month and rarely does anything make it to my inbox. I gave up on my hotmail account about a year a go because their spam filters were horrible.

Free accounts will go to 1GB, paid accounts (for things like pop access $19.95 a year I think) will go to 4GB.

hdtvtechno said:
are you sure, where did this say, or you saw this info posted ?

It is in the wsj, if you have a subscription you can read it here: http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB111159328328087600,00.html

Subscribers to the SBC Yahoo service will now have two gigabytes of storage for each of their 10 e-mail sub-accounts, in addition to the two gigabytes of storage the companies granted to each of the main accounts last year.

The upgrade, which the companies says gives sub-accounts 20 times more storage than was previously available, brings total e-mail storage levels for Yahoo SBC customer accounts to 22 gigabytes

A free link is here, but it does not describe what happens for the paid yahoo dsl accounts:

http://www.forbes.com/facesinthenews/2005/03/23/0323autofacescan07.html?partner=yahoo&referrer=

Stargazer said:
Cool, I heard about GMail getting more space.
GMail actually is perpetually increasing it's size limit. Gmail.com has a counter that shows the current allotment. I'm not sure how tightly it corresponds to the actual limit as it's just a javascript "counter", but the couple times I've checked it they corresponded to each other with rounding.

If any of the 3 people who don't have an account want one, I have a bunch of invites, PM me.

How are they able to increase the storage? Are they just compressing it more and more over time or just aquiring more hard drive space in their servers and show the result of how much space we have left allotted to each of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)