Yamaha CX-A5100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Features:

• AVENTAGE build standards designed to deliver the highest level of audio performance
  • Aluminum front panel, H-shape cross member frame and rigid bottom frame
  • 11.2-channel preamplifier with balanced XLR outputs (including subwoofer outputs)
  • MusicCast wireless multiroom audio support
  • Bluetooth® and built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming
  • AirPlay®, Spotify®, Pandora® music streaming service and AV Controller App
  • DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
  • YPAO™ - R.S.C. with 3D, multipoint and angle measurement
  • Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ support (up to 7.1.4-ch)
  • CINEMA DSP HD3 expands the sound field vertically for more thrilling and realistic surround sound
  • Professional digital-to-analog conversion (ESS SABRE™ Ultra DAC ES9016S) for all channels
  • Advanced HDMI® zone switching allows unprecedented AV switching to multiple zones
  • HDMI 2.0a: 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with HDCP 2.2 and high dynamic range (HDR) support
  • Now with MusicCast, this device can be expanded to deliver wireless multiroom audio playback, all controlled by a simple app.
CX-A5100.jpg

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/cx-a5100_black_u/?mode=model

S~

Last edited:
This will be my new toy once it is released. Ordered!!!!!!!! It has pretty much everything I need and can think of from Full HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 support (with HDR) on all ports, Atmos, DTS:X, etc. This is going to replace my older Marantz AV7005. Now next spring, when UHD TVs are up to specs, I'll either get a projector for the theater room or a new flatscreen for the family room. Family room is getting way more use these days than the theater.

S~

Last edited:
That's a nice piece of kit. High end receiver will be on my list, but probably 12-18 months from now.

Surprised you went from the Marantz 8 series coming with XT32 to a Yammie.
Yamaha's done a lot with their room correction. Time for a change. I loved my first (and only) Yamaha DD receiver (pre-DTS). Time to give it a try again. It has everything I can possibly need. Should sound good with the Wharfedales.

S~

Good pricing always helps. Im too much a chicken to leave XT32 with dual sub eq having the two subs. I understand it in and out now and can get great results lol

They've made major progress with dual sub calibration. I'll give my impressions when I have it.

Wonder whether Yamaha will do an RX version of this pre-pro or is this the pre-pro version of the RX-A3050? Marantz does that with the AV-8802A, which is the pre-pro version of my Denon X7200WA with balanced outputs.

Picking it up this afternoon after work :)

S~

Well. Couldn't pick it up yesterday. Picking it up this afternoon.

Last edited:
Pardon what is probably a silly question. :oops:

Just ran across this post. I have an older Yamaha RX-V565 and 7.1 setup. Starting to think about a receiver upgrade when I go to a 4K TV before long, and wondered what Yamaha had going on these days. Looking at the newer ones at Best Buy, and they seemed like mostly the same ole-same ole. Seeing this post, I checked out the specs on this one from the link in the OP and looked cool, but couldn't help being stumped...what kind of speaker connectors are those three-prong connections on the back of that receiver? Clearly I have a bit of learning ahead to get back up to speed on these things. :confused:

This not a receiver. It is a processor which requires an external amp. The 3 prong connectors are balanced XLR connectors between the processor and the amp. The 50 series would be the newest line of receivers.

S~

Reactions: DWS44
Going to have to scour through the manual. Need to find how to automatically remember listening modes on the same input when switching between DD and 2 channel PCM. Same annoyance I have with my Pioneer. Something that neither Denon nor Marantz has a problem with.

Otherwise setup was a breeze (except luggin amps up and down the stairs with my bad knees). YPAO sets up quickly. Bumped the bass again. Something I had to do with the Marantz, too. Sounds great. Love having Bluetooth downstairs now so I can listen from my phone. A lot more to fill in. I'll do it in the first post.

S~

Set up. Don't mind the mess in the stand. I said my arthritis was acting up bad. Quickest I could get it set up in as little pain as possible. I'll clean it up when my knees feel better.

S~

5100 Set up.jpg 5100 in stand.jpg

Reactions: dfergie
The center is much better than with the Marantz. Not overpowered by the left and right fronts. I shouldn't have taken the Parasound back upstairs. I kind of want to hear it with that.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)