yankee games on wwor 2006???

biggsheff

Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
seeing how directv doesn't offer wwor to distant viewers and from what i understand wwor games aren't included in mlb extra innings doesn't that make the dish e* mlb extra innings comparable to directv when for yankee games when you add wwor because even though directv has YES they don't have wwor games so you'll probably get about as many with e* who has wwor. am i wrong

yes.... there's only 20 yankees games on wwor and of course most of the games are on yes sd and and all home games in hd on yes HD plus 27 HD games on the road on yes hd. there's no hd games on wwor.

Actually, in response to the first poster's question, there are more Yankees games in total available on E* than on D*, since E* substitutes the Yankees "away" team announcer feeds for the YES Network feeds it does not carry, and also has available all of the WWOR OTA feeds as part of its Superstation package, which D* does not carry. The caveat is that with D* you get the same Yankees (YES Network) announcers for the non-WWOR feeds that you get with the WWOR feeds on E*. To get both, I use a single D* phase III dish and separate provider receivers to subscribe to both the D* EI package and E* WWOR a la carte. It's a little complicated, but it does work.

dish is probably better for yankees fans

i reckon the only yankee games that are seen on directv and not e* are games which are YES only broadcasted and that really never happens. i think i'll count how many yankee games are shown on dish this year and compare it to directv.com's extra innings schedule throughout the year and at the end of the year i'll post who showed more yankee games. i almost switched to directv when i found out they didn't have YES but now i think a true yankees fan would choose dish because directv doesn't have distant wwor. i wonder if dish will carry any cleveland indians vs. yankees games though? seeing how charlie probably won't do business with fastball sports productions new indians channel

If you are in NY and live in Yankee territory MLB EXTRA Inning will be a waste of money since you will not be abel to see the Yankees games on E* through MLB EI. According to MLB rule, NY residents in Yankees territory have to watch the YES Network as their RSN. So, you will not be able to see the other RSN feed. Again if you live within Yankees territory, you will not abe to see the Yankees through MLB EI.

good point

i live in kentucky. if i lived in new york i wouldn't even think about getting dish. i had totally forgot about the new york situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts