Yankees games?

I HAVE DISH AND THEY BLACKOUT ALL YANKEE GAMES. I SIGNED UP FOR MLB FOR 25 BUCKS A MOUTH AND IT WAS STILL BLACKOUT. I THINK ITS BECAUSE DISH IS TO CHEAP TO CARRY YES.
Sports packages, like MLB, NFL Ticket, etc still have to honor the local market blackout

I don’t think it is being too cheap not carrying a channel, that has had no negative or positive impact on your service...

Reactions: satjay
Two questions:

1.) Did the OP have a meltdown when the Red Sox performed the reverse sweep and ultimately won the World Series that year?

2.) David, can you please not shout? I'm trying to get my kids to bed and your shouting just woke them up.

I thought MLB.TV didn't have blackout restrictions for in-market games, as it is an alternate for cord cutters.

I don’t think it is being too cheap not carrying a channel, that has had no negative or positive impact on your service...
No negative impact? How many more subscribers in the metro NY area would they have if they carried YES?

I HAVE DISH AND THEY BLACKOUT ALL YANKEE GAMES. I SIGNED UP FOR MLB FOR 25 BUCKS A MOUTH AND IT WAS STILL BLACKOUT. I THINK ITS BECAUSE DISH IS TO CHEAP TO CARRY YES.
:welcome to Satelliteguys David Furman!
Dish has made a financial decision to not carry YES. It's an expensive channel you know! Blackouts are determined by MLB, not Dish. And please don't post in all caps! :)

Reactions: pattykay
Dish would definitely have more customers if they carried YES, MSG and SNY. One of the first questions we ask potential customers is 'do you need the Yankee channel, MSG or the Mets channel?'. If they say yes then it's DirecTV time, if they say no then it's Dish time. :)

Reactions: DWS44
What is the percentage of those saying yes vs no?

I'd say about 20% have to have YES, MSG or SNY.

Let me add one more thing. If Dish did carry these channels then they'd have to be available a la-carte or in some sports only package because if Dish had to put them in all the larger packages then they'd have to charge a lot more for those packages and possibly even an 'RSN Surcharge' like DirecTV does. If that was the case then I can see that costing dish customers.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm wondering what happened to the Iceberg. I used to enjoy most of his posts.
Iceberg isn't with Sat Guys anymore. I don't know where he went, or why. I just know as I tried to ask him a question in a private chat, and noticed he isn't here anymore. I do agree with you that he was knowledgeable in TV, as well as radio, but he wasn't the only knowledgeable poster here. Scott built a forum where countless members here help out greatly.

So a potential 10,000,000 customers isn't many customers?
You forgot to factor in equipment , installation and service calls...sometimes less is more profitable..the additional cost of sports RSNs wont generate enough new customers to make a bigger profit..satellite is shrinking ..not growing

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

You forgot to factor in equipment , installation and service calls...sometimes less is more profitable..the additional cost of sports RSNs wont generate enough new customers to make a bigger profit..satellite is shrinking ..not growing

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
The decision by Dish to not carry the YES network goes back many years, when satellite was booming.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The decision by Dish to not carry the YES network goes back many years, when satellite was booming.
I remember than many years ago, when the Yes network started, Dish DID carry it. After about a year, when it was time to sign the new contract, the Yes network raised the price by a lot. Dish decided that it was not worth charging all customers more money so that some people could watch the Yankees.

Dish offered to carry the channel 'a la carte' and give it to just the people that wanted it, but Yes network said no. They wanted it to be in one of Dish's regular packages that everybody can receive. Dish said no, and subsequently dropped the Yes network.

Dish does carry the Yes channel on their Sling TV service.

(I guess Scott and I were typing a response at the same time).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)