Yankees on Amazon Prime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Amazon Prime is now carrying the Yankees games. I'm currently watching the White Sox/Yankees game from Chicago.

Looks more like Select MLB games ... as many more than the yankees are available.

After looking a bit farther into the choices, basically it looks like Amazon is allowing you to use MLB.TV thru thier app.

Looks more like Select MLB games ... as many more than the yankees are available.

After looking a bit farther into the choices, basically it looks like Amazon is allowing you to use MLB.TV thru thier app.
Two different things.

You can buy MLB.TV through Amazon, or simply load it onto a Fire Stick and get the out-of-market package, with whatever games are out-of-market where you are.

If you have Prime, and live in the Yankees region (NY, half of NJ, CT, tiny dash of PA) you can get 21 games not seen on YES as a part of a Prime subscription. Only for those in-market.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 5.37.16 PM.png

Somewhat amazed at the reach Pittsburg has.

Crazy isn't it? On the rare occasion when an RSN was included in my package it was the Pittsburgh RSN. Makes no sense.

View attachment 153334
Somewhat amazed at the reach Pittsburg has.
Correct word would be CLAIMS, not has. The I*****s claims are also fantastic. I have NEVER met anyone in WV or KY who is a I*****s fan and considers Cleveland to be the local team. In fact many teams, right across the country, have ridiculous claims.

There was some push back during the Field of Dreams game, as Iowa has SIX teams all claiming to be the home team, and thus all blacked out on the out of market packages, but MLB simply does not care.

Correct word would be CLAIMS, not has. The I*****s claims are also fantastic. I have NEVER met anyone in WV or KY who is a I*****s fan and considers Cleveland to be the local team. In fact many teams, right across the country, have ridiculous claims.

There was some push back during the Field of Dreams game, as Iowa has SIX teams all claiming to be the home team, and thus all blacked out on the out of market packages, but MLB simply does not care.
Kentucky and West Virginia are Reds country.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Kentucky and West Virginia are Reds country.
Agree. Let’s examine the goofy claims in WV, OH, and KY.

The Pirates claim a swath of Ohio, all the way to the Columbus DMA. The team also claims all of WV, even the “eastern panhandle” which is an exurb of Washington, gets Washington TV, and follows the Washington teams. A proper claim in Ohio for the Pirates would just be the Rust Belt towns just inside Ohio, like Steubenville or Youngstown. A proper claim in WV would just be the Monongalia valley (Morgantown, Fairmont, and Clarksburg) and the “northern panhandle” (Wheeling and Weirton).

The Reds claims in Ohio are logical. Their claim in WV is really a bit conservative, as they do not claim the Greenbrier valley. Their claim in KY is logical. Most of the populated part of WV is Reds Country. Most all of KY is as well, with the Cards seeping in in the Purchase.

The Guardians (whatever) claims are ludicrous. They mirror the Reds claim in WV, and claim that part of Kentucky that is in the Huntington-Charleston DMA. The proper claim for that team in WV and KY is not one spec of either state. In Ohio, they claim the entire state except the Cincinnati and Dayton DMAs. There are NO Guardians fans in SE Ohio. None. It is Reds Country. I will give them overlap status in Columbus, but nothing south of there.

Agree. Let’s examine the goofy claims in WV, OH, and KY.

The Pirates claim a swath of Ohio, all the way to the Columbus DMA. The team also claims all of WV, even the “eastern panhandle” which is an exurb of Washington, gets Washington TV, and follows the Washington teams. A proper claim in Ohio for the Pirates would just be the Rust Belt towns just inside Ohio, like Steubenville or Youngstown. A proper claim in WV would just be the Monongalia valley (Morgantown, Fairmont, and Clarksburg) and the “northern panhandle” (Wheeling and Weirton).

The Reds claims in Ohio are logical. Their claim in WV is really a bit conservative, as they do not claim the Greenbrier valley. Their claim in KY is logical. Most of the populated part of WV is Reds Country. Most all of KY is as well, with the Cards seeping in in the Purchase.

The Guardians (whatever) claims are ludicrous. They mirror the Reds claim in WV, and claim that part of Kentucky that is in the Huntington-Charleston DMA. The proper claim for that team in WV and KY is not one spec of either state. In Ohio, they claim the entire state except the Cincinnati and Dayton DMAs. There are NO Guardians fans in SE Ohio. None. It is Reds Country. I will give them overlap status in Columbus, but nothing south of there.
I think the list is a good one don't you: Cincinnati Reds Radio Network - Wikipedia

Joe's saying "Rounding third and heading for home." And Marty's "This one belongs to the Reds".:first
When the new (I’m old enough to consider an 18 year old ball park “new”) ball park was built, the Reds wanted to use Marty’s tag line on the neon signage you see from Fort Washington Way. This was a subtitle shot at the Bengals, as the two teams had had trouble sharing Riverfront, with numerous petty disputes over ads, brands of cola, and such like (it got so bad that the luxury boxes stood empty for several years because they could not agree on how to split the $$). The signage would have been like the “W” flag the Cubs have, it would be lit if the Reds won until the first pitch the next day.

Hamilton County Commissioners vetoed it, since the ball park was paid for by Hamilton County taxpayers, and not the Reds. So they went with Joe’s line instead.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
When the new (I’m old enough to consider an 18 year old ball park “new”) ball park was built, the Reds wanted to use Marty’s tag line on the neon signage you see from Fort Washington Way. This was a subtitle shot at the Bengals, as the two teams had had trouble sharing Riverfront, with numerous petty disputes over ads, brands of cola, and such like (it got so bad that the luxury boxes stood empty for several years because they could not agree on how to split the $$). The signage would have been like the “W” flag the Cubs have, it would be lit if the Reds won until the first pitch the next day.

Hamilton County Commissioners vetoed it, since the ball park was paid for by Hamilton County taxpayers, and not the Reds. So they went with Joe’s line instead.
Yes I remember that. I listen to WLW all the time here on the internet from Florida.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)