Yankee's Pitcher Cory Lidle's Plane Crashes into Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNCONFIRMED, Cirrus model Sr20; but N929 - partial tail number, Possible owner NY Yankees or Cory Lidle. Also unconfirmed reports of an audio mayday call.

EDIT, sorry Hokie, I was typing and did not intend to duplicate or run over your info.

Last edited:
NOW CONFIRMED! It was Cory Lidle's plane and he is a pilot. He was to fly it home to Florida today from Teterboro Airport (sp?) in NJ The Yankees confirm that at least one of their organization was on the plane, but not saying who. Report is 4 dead.

so could this have a been a suicide now. (ok sorry this is a serious matter)

No need to apologize they did say once they know exactly who it was piloting, and what the cause of crash was (was it a mechanical failure, was there a mayday), that a mental study/profile would be done.

A passport for Cory Lidle was discovered by the FBI at the scene and it was confirmed that ONLY one person was on the plane; any other deaths were outside or in the building. They say it is almost certain that is Cory Lidle that was the pilot and is dead.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Thurman Munson, another Yankee pilot killed in the crash of his own plane...

Mayor's press conference just corrected that only one person was in the plane (maybe the other victim was thrown out) but they now say two were in the plane. This 2nd person may have been Lidle's flight instructor. It is possible he was practicing and sightseeing before continuing onto Florida and then plane trouble. They also say that they still can't confirm any mayday call. Also, more reporting here per the AP: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061011/ap_on_re_us/manhattan_plane_crash_26

Last edited:
What a horrible tragic accident. This is the kind of thing that puts everything into the proper perspective. When you see your loved ones tonight, tell them how much you love them. Never miss the opportunity to do that.

the local news here in Duluth, MN had a bunch of stuff on it because those types of planes (Cirrus) are made in Duluth

sad day indeed :(

I'm not a Yankees fan, but my thoughts and prayers are with them and Lidle's family right now. Sad, sad day. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)