Yanks v. Sox Series is Huge

As for the Red Sox not getting pitching at the trade deadline, you have to look and see if there was anyone worth trading for that would be better than what they had, as for the Sox , that would be easy, but , who was there that was available and what do you have to give up.

Barry Zito was the big name this year.
Can you imagine what Oakland would have wanted for Zito from the Sox ....
The Mets also didn't get Zito, that might tell yuou what they were looking for in exchange.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
As for the Red Sox not getting pitching at the trade deadline, you have to look and see if there was anyone worth trading for that would be better than what they had, as for the Sox , that would be easy, but , who was there that was available and what do you have to give up.

The Mets also didn't get Zito, that might tell yuou what they were looking for in exchange.

Jimbo

I do not think they could have done much at the trade deadline. Barry Zito to me is not or will not be the answer. Barry Zito has declined over the years after his cyoung season. Today I will consider him a number 3 or lower pitcher. He would have helped but at a very high price. Remember that he is not signed and his agent is Scott Boras who is going to ask for an arm and a leg to re-sign him. I think management knows a lot more than us and they could have done something rather than nothing. Also, the mistake they did in the past came to hunt them -- arroyo, burnett, etc. I think that is a bigger problem.

dantheman77 said:
??? yank$ dont buy players?? please explain. TY

Obviously you need to re-read the post. I said (CLEARLY) that the Yanks didn't buy players this year WHEN MATSUI and SHEFF went down.

I also said they made TRADES at the deadline.

Now do you understand what I said? I never said the Yankees NEVER bought players.

Jimbos said:

Jimbo

The sox COULD have made the Lidle trade also, they were just not able to.

ScoBuck said:
The sox COULD have made the Lidle trade also, they were just not able to.
Lets be honest .....
Who here expected anything from Lidle, I would have figured he may be a good 3-4 pitcher, I think the Sox needed a # 1-2 in order to get anywhere.

Jimbo

Very happy Yankee fan here folks. I do have a question tho, which will happen first? The Redsoxs in the World Series, or the Yes Network coming to dish?

ScoBuck said:
Obviously you need to re-read the post. I said (CLEARLY) that the Yanks didn't buy players this year WHEN MATSUI and SHEFF went down.

I also said they made TRADES at the deadline.

Now do you understand what I said? I never said the Yankees NEVER bought players.
i did, you are right. me bad. hey, im fat, drunk and stupid, give me a break! lol

Here's a question ... Do the Yankees want Sheffield and Matsui back in the lineup for anything but DH as the Yankees are doing so well with the nucleus of players now on the field?

uhlesses said:
Very happy Yankee fan here folks. I do have a question tho, which will happen first? The Redsoxs in the World Series, or the Yes Network coming to dish?

My bet is NEITHER in the next 80+ years.

sidekick said:
Here's a question ... Do the Yankees want Sheffield and Matsui back in the lineup for anything but DH as the Yankees are doing so well with the nucleus of players now on the field?
Hey,
If you don't want Matsui, my Tigers will be happy to find a place for him to play.

Jimbo

uhlesses said:
My crystal ball says "It depends on what the Red Sox decide to do over the winter."
The Sox have a great nucleus, they need to find a more stable pitching staff.
Schilling has a few more years in him,
They need to get Beckett straightened out and pick up another top starter,
Wakefield has been injured.

They MAY have been able to make a run IF Varatek was still healthy...

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts