Yawn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Does anyone else think this was a Yawn of a CES this year. Nothing really new or exciting. Mostly repackaging of the same old stuff.

if a show happens in the desert and nothing is said worth hearing, did the show really happen?!?

I thought last year was a snooze fest but this year took the cake. I was HIGHLY disapointed with the show, and not just from the workd of Satellite.

Overall I give this show 2 thumbs down.

All the action was at MacWorld...

All the action was at MacWorld...
You think so? I thought it was bad this year. iPhone and the Apple TV. No hardware updates. No mention of Leapord or any other software for that matter. Pretty lame show this year, unless you're in the market for the iPhone.

You think so? I thought it was bad this year. iPhone and the Apple TV. No hardware updates.
Which I was not figuring on, as I just plunked down for a Mac Pro and figured Steve Jobs would announce it was obsolete. Everyone expects the Mac Pro using the quad core Xeons is just around the corner (I did read that one brave soul had gotten some quad core CPUs and successfully upgraded their Mac Pro to 8:eek: CPUs, so it should be "easy" for Apple to do the same.)

What seemed unusual to me was nothing that was announced was immediately available. In the past, you could go to the on-line store within minutes of the keynote speech and start ordering what Steve was showing off. The AppleTV and the new Airport Extreme won't be available until February, and the "iPhone" until June.

I think that there will be a big hardware/software announcement when Leopard is released. Steve was just too jazzed about is new toy to talk about anything else. Maybe there will be a widescreen iPod (iPhone - Phone) that can use WiFi to synch (even though the USB connection is the only realistic way to go.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)