Yay! Hispasat! (30W)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Well, as we are building a garden spot very near to where my dish was located, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge and move the set-up today (I had been thinking of doing this for a few months now). Finally got the motorized Ku-dish adjusted...took about an hour and a half, but that's because with the misting outside, I didn't want to take my receiver and TV and so forth out. As suspected, I was able to get 30W! I'm very happy about this, although I'm sure once springtime comes, the leaves on the distant trees will probably kick that one back off the air for me. Still, to add one more satellite to the line-up is great fun (especially with the American movies on the Cuban channels).

Congratulations on getting 30W!!

Hey NorthGeorgia!

Congratulations! You are really going to enjoy Cubavision for the movies, especially on the weekends and Saturday in particular.
Out of all the FTA signals out there this was one of my top favorites. Other channels would include anything from PBS, RTV, and the
now MIA HISTORY / BIOGRAPHY channels. I also really miss RetroJams from the time when it was on 123.0°W.

RADAR

Wow that's impressive that you're getting international tv without paying. I'm new on here, trying to find out what satellite dish to buy. Would you mind sharing your setup?
I have a friend in Georgia and he gets all the european channels. It would be nice if someone could point me on the right direction on what to buy.

By the way in I'm California trying to get euro channels.

Well, as we are building a garden spot very near to where my dish was located, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge and move the set-up today (I had been thinking of doing this for a few months now). Finally got the motorized Ku-dish adjusted...took about an hour and a half, but that's because with the misting outside, I didn't want to take my receiver and TV and so forth out. As suspected, I was able to get 30W! I'm very happy about this, although I'm sure once springtime comes, the leaves on the distant trees will probably kick that one back off the air for me. Still, to add one more satellite to the line-up is great fun (especially with the American movies on the Cuban channels).
very cool. Yeah some of the programs on 30W are fun to watch.....I wish I could understand Spanish more. I had 30W up when Castro first was sick (and gave reigns to his brother) and the news channels there blew up with coverage

Wow that's impressive that you're getting international tv without paying. I'm new on here, trying to find out what satellite dish to buy. Would you mind sharing your setup?
I have a friend in Georgia and he gets all the european channels. It would be nice if someone could point me on the right direction on what to buy.

By the way in I'm California trying to get euro channels.

Hi Frenchi,

You won't be able to get 30W at all from the West Coast. Even if you could "see" the satellite from your location (I think impossible from anywhere in California), the footprint of that satellite doesn't reach the West Coast. Your best best would be 97W, which has even more international channels! But, I know you are looking for free French channels. For Ku-band (this is the smaller dish, which I have), you won't find too many. There is Radio France International on 97W, and the three television stations that broadcast in French are all from Africa: Benin, Congo, and Mali. However, sometimes they re-broadcast TV programming from France on those channels, so it could still be worth the investment! In my opinion, it's best to get a 90 cm or 1 m dish, a Ku-band lnb, a modern receiver (such as the microHD) and if you're interested in multiple satellites and have a good view of the southern sky -- eventually a motor. However, before you get into a motorized set-up, it's good to get a feel for where the satellites are located manually first! A great starter kit would be this: http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=1611&ws_cat=413 This company offers excellent support and is located in California. I know you will get other responses, as you posted a new thread about this, but I thought I would also respond. Basically my setup is the same as the kit, except I have a lower quality 90 cm dish, and a lower quality lnb :)

By the way, welcome to Satellite Guys!

Last edited:

Congrats ¡¡ I´m sure you will find fun stuff on the cuban channels ;)

I heard about Fashion One ... too bad :( Funny thing, I'm watching "Glee" right now on their "Educativo" channel LOL. I dunno how that's educational except it's based on a fictional high school!

The Uruguayan and Colombian channels are breaking up too much. I'll have to tweak the dish a bit more when it stops raining and see if that'll help :)

Glee is educational its shows you must not watch that program. congrats on 30w north Georgia its not bad but the weekends make it great to watch the free movies that are on there. plus Stargate SG-1

dan Rose

I heard about Fashion One ... too bad :( Funny thing, I'm watching "Glee" right now on their "Educativo" channel LOL. I dunno how that's educational except it's based on a fictional high school!
It's educational because it teaches that you would not want to be like those foolish decadent Americans,comrade!:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)