Yes Network - How to sign up and terms?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
I will be subscribing to Direct TV within few days. I want to get the "Sports Pack" for the NY Yankees. However, I only want it during the baseball season.

When is best time I should subscribe? And can this be done online? I think I read there was a minimum 30 days or something? Can I just cancel it at end of baseball season?

Thanks for your help!

Do you live in the NY area? If not all the games will be blacked out. In that case (outside the area) you need the Extra Innings package.

I live in OHIO. So I must get the Extra Innings Package? Oh no. Is that more money than $12/month? I only want to watch the Yankees.

Yes. taht would be the only way. the Sportds pack would give you YES but the games are blacked out. If that were not the case what market would there be for EI, etc?

Ahhh...and I just read last years Extra Innings costed $189! OMG! More than I wanted to spend. I also dont think Im going to get the Post and Pre game shows from the YES network either. I subscribed to mlb.com to get all the games on the internet for like $120, but it did not include any pre/post game reports.

Oh well. Ill still prob get it though. I also noticed YES is on the most expensive package ($83/month). Jeez. Forget that.

Thanks for heads up!

Understand the following:

You get your local RSN(s) with your local teams in the basic package at no extra charge.

The Sports Pack, for 90% of people (the exception being rural people who live within the zones claimed by several team in different cities) will bring you NO extra professional sports. All MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, WNBA, as well as some NCAA content on the out-of-market sports channels is always blacked out.

You need the various pay-per-season sports packages for out-of-market sports.

But he wants it for the yankees so it does him no good.

Understand the following:

You get your local RSN(s) with your local teams in the basic package at no extra charge.

The Sports Pack, for 90% of people (the exception being rural people who live within the zones claimed by several team in different cities) will bring you NO extra professional sports. All MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, WNBA, as well as some NCAA content on the out-of-market sports channels is always blacked out.

You need the various pay-per-season sports packages for out-of-market sports.

Rural people? CT, except Fairfield county which is considered NY, is claimed by the Mets, Red Sox, and Yankees. Depending on where in CT you are, you will also get the Islanders, Rangers, Bruins, Knicks, Nets, and Celtics. I get YES, MSG, MSG+, SNY, and NESN. I used to get CSNNE, but their territory has changed. Rural indeed! ;)

I do want it for the Yankee games. So it appears I need to buy the MLB Extra Innings package which was $191 last year. However, I also want to get the post game reports and interviews on YES network which appears I need to subscribe to the most expensive 'Premier' package (which is too much $ for me)

So it looks like Ill just get the Extra Innings package. Does anyone know when that becomes available so I can order it online?

I do want it for the Yankee games. So it appears I need to buy the MLB Extra Innings package which was $191 last year. However, I also want to get the post game reports and interviews on YES network which appears I need to subscribe to the most expensive 'Premier' package (which is too much $ for me)

So it looks like Ill just get the Extra Innings package. Does anyone know when that becomes available so I can order it online?

You can order anytime online. I'm a Yankees fan in VA so I feel your pain. To get everything you want, you need both EI and the sports pack. That will give you most games and all non game programming from YES.

I say you will get most games because you won't get the Saturday 1:00 games when FOX has a game of the week. FOX has an exclusive, no games air on EI before 7:00 PM on Saturdays.

Extra Innings is not available to order online. It says "not available at this time". So Im guessing you have to wait until closer to when Baseball Starts in April?

correct

The pre and post game is **Usually** not blacked out on the RSN's.....but if a game runs quick (under 3 hours...oh what am I saying...a Yankee game NEVER runs less than 3 hours) it may not show because the blackout wasnt lifted yet

Rural people? CT, except Fairfield county which is considered NY, is claimed by the Mets, Red Sox, and Yankees. Depending on where in CT you are, you will also get the Islanders, Rangers, Bruins, Knicks, Nets, and Celtics. I get YES, MSG, MSG+, SNY, and NESN. I used to get CSNNE, but their territory has changed. Rural indeed! ;)

In rural Buffalo :p I get Mets, Yankees, Indians & Pirates as my locals (Yes, MSG, MSG +, SNY, FSN Pitt & STO) with Premier.

You will need the SportsPak if you wish to watch any pre/post game show and YES you will need MLB EI to watch the games themselves. Trust me you will KNOW when you can order MLB EI LOL you'll see enough advertising

Just "move" to NY. You'll get it all.
I did it, and it works great. I got the MLB EI package too. Problem is that there are blackouts for the Fox Saturday game and ESPN Sunday game.

So if you want every Yankee game and don't live in the NY area, and you are a hardcore fan, do what I do:
1. "Move" to NY - Gets you all the YES games and YES shows. (No My9 games)
2. Get MLB.com package - Covers you for the My9 games. I watch them directly on my TV with the Roku box.
3. Get MLB EI Package. You can also see the My9 games on channel 720 in the MLB mix mini-screens. It's not great, but you can at least watch the game.

I have both 2 & 3, but one of the 2 should be good enough to cover the My9 games.

Option 4 - Get a Slingbox set up in the NY area.
Option 5. Really move to NY.

Just "MOVE" to New York. You will get all the games on YES. I have a friend that did this so he could watch the Jets games (without the Sunday ticket) on WCBS from New York. Just give DirecTV a service address in the New York City area. You can keep your billing address the same as your current address. They don't have to match. Again, this would be called "MOVING". Despite what others might tell you, I have never heard of anybody getting in trouble for doing this.

Where do I enter a 'service address'? Is it on the my account page? I rather not call this in and just do it online. Thanks.

Where do I enter a 'service address'? Is it on the my account page? I rather not call this in and just do it online. Thanks.

I think you have to call to get it done. It will also get you the big four networks, but not the lesser ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)