YES Network on Sling but not Dish?

Scottie318

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Can someone explain what the situation is here? Sling TV added YES (along with other FOX owned RSN's) last week. This is a bit amazing considering DISH's history with YES. Are they now negotiating contracts for Sling that aren't tied to the satellite service? If so, this presents a lot of interesting possibilities in the future. Doesn't it?

And, it's also possible that Dish ends up negotiating different terms for Sling than Satellite, because it is a new service and Dish may have some different ideas/goals for Sling.

Wasn't the holdup always that YES wanted into one of the main packages (i.e. AT120, AT200, etc.) and refused to only go into Multi-sport pack or simply a-la-carte? Perhaps the limited packages of SlingTV were more palatable somehow?

Yes, I want Yes!!! The dispute with Comcast should result in Yes making deals with other providers and hopefully Dish is one of them. I know it's been talked about but so long as the Comcast dispute continues, I have hope.

Wasn't the holdup always that YES wanted into one of the main packages (i.e. AT120, AT200, etc.) and refused to only go into Multi-sport pack or simply a-la-carte? Perhaps the limited packages of SlingTV were more palatable somehow?

ALL the RSN's are in the main packages, they want to be in the main packages and are. DISH offered to YES (And by extension SNY and MSG) to carry them all A La Carte they could ask any price they wanted. Shockingly they all refused. Each of their costs at that time were the highest of any RSN's.

I've gone from not a chance in Hell to there is one chance in Hell YES will be on Satellite.

ALL the RSN's are in the main packages, they want to be in the main packages and ar

Poor wording in my post, I suppose. I get that they are (or would be) in the main packages within their viewing area as the local RSN. I thought the sticking point with YES was that they wanted to be available nationwide, rather than just inside the NY DMA, and only being nationwide via multi-sport wasn't good enough. I could be wrong, though.

I never heard/read that, they still could not broadcast any pro games and even some non pro games just as they can't in the Sports Pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)