YES NETWORK (YANKEES)

YES - only on Directv, gotta love that

Look two can play at that game, as in the NHL Hockey Playoff games only being on Dish Network.

I do find the whole Pis%^ng match between content owners and Third Party providers getting very old.

In the end its hard to find a third party provider that can or will provide all the entertainment I wish to receive.

I have Dish so I don't get Yankees games as we can't get "YES", although for me that is a non issue, but annoying none the less

If I had DirecTV I'd likely miss the NHL Playoff games on Versus this season.

If I had the Local TW cable package I wouldn't be able to get the NFL network football games.

This makes all providers on an unequal footing and not true or complete competition to each other as no provider can or will offer all these services at my residence, so If I want particular programing I have to accept one companies lack of services to get access to others I can't do without.

John

That is because you have to sub to Extra Innings in order to see the games on Yes if you live outside of NY. With any pro sports and their blackout rules, you cannot view out of market games unless you pay for them through an out of market package.

Since Dish does not offer Extra Innings, then those outside of NY will not be able to see Yankee games on Yes anyway. The reason why people on this thread want YES because they live in the Yes local broadcasting region and are able to see the games without additional packages, if they had YES

So it should seem that the Yes network should be in the Extra Innings package,not

in DirecTV's Sports package.;)

So it should seem that the Yes network should be in the Extra Innings package,not

in DirecTV's Sports package.;)
It is for the Yankee games.

The network is also on the sports package, but the Yankees games will be blacked out due to MLB blackout rules if you live outside of NY. You can pay extra to watch the Yankees on YES outside of NY and avoid the blackouts by subscribing to Extra Innings.

After all the years it is pretty clear that YES will not be coming to Dish - unless as mentioned above one side or the other changes policies. Dish wants base packages not to have RSNs (i.e. Dish Family and AT120) and YES wants to be in every package in their viewing areas.

Dish figures they get more customers with their low cost packages nationwide than they lose because they do not have YES in their service area. If they made an exception for YES all the other RSNs would demand the same treatment.

That is a lame argument. What if one of your rsn's was not available to you and the only way to receive it was to go to another provider. Any sub whom lives in what MLB determines to be the Yankees territory, can not receive the Yankees broadcast on mlb.tv or the mlb extra innings either.

What makes this even more stupid is the fact I live 400 miles away from Yankees Stadium and I can not get their games on mlb.tv mlb extra innings or Dish. However, I live 75 miles from Toronto; and I drive up there to Rogers Centre every year to see the Yankees play the Blue Jays etc; but I can sub to mlb.tv or mlb extra innings and still get the Blue Jay games in the package.

This makes all providers on an unequal footing and not true or complete competition to each other as no provider can or will offer all these services at my residence, so If I want particular programing I have to accept one companies lack of services to get access to others I can't do without.

Until Directv started their pissing match with Vs, they were the only option for subs in NY State (especially the Buffalo NY area), if they wanted the NFL Network, Yes Network, VS and the Buffalo Sabres Games on MSG-HD.

Now unfortunately because these headstrong companies and their take it or leave it attitude and the fact they worry more profits than their subs; you are forced to make concessions on what you want view, as these companies annually raise their fees due to "transmission agreements".

I left Dish not because I wanted too, but because I had no other option in order to see the Buffalo Sabres and Yankees in HD. Yes, TWC gave me a real teaser rate for two years, however I would have much rather paid the $25 a month I am saving during this two year "teaser rate" period, and stayed with Dish providing they could have provided the programing I needed.

BTW, I was a $100 a month sub, whom also subbed to the NHLCI Package for five years while with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)