YES Network

fresco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Any latest news about negotiations among YES and Dish? Will Dish Network ever get it? Cablevision has it; it seems that I will be going back to cablevision or maybe I’ll give DTV a try. I mean I have waited patiently for the last 3 years for YES and Dish to get a deal done. It looks like a deal is never ever going to get done.

carload said:
"Never" is such a long time. How about "not in our lifetimes"?
I'm coming to grips with that belief. If D*'s HD promises come to fruition then I believe that I am also going to wave E* good bye.
Then, the question will become, "When will Yes Network be in HD?"
:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

I can't believe after 3 years they can't come down to so type of agreement. Also its quite possible that the Mets will either start there own network pretty soon or join Yankees on Yes; Soon Dish Network will have no NY area baseball team on there system. :(

fresco said:
I can't believe after 3 years they can't come down to so type of agreement. Also its quite possible that the Mets will either start there own network pretty soon or join Yankees on Yes; Soon Dish Network will have no NY area baseball team on there system. :(

:river :river

I could understand leaving E* and investing in new equipment because of poor picture quality, lack of HDTV content, or receivers that don't function as advertised...but to give it up because YES isn't in the lineup??

That seems a bit extreme...sort of like a single issue voter. ;)

All of those other factors come into play. Cable has ALL the local channels in HD AND YES. Dish is severly lacking in Digital locals ( I can't get them OTA-not yet anyway) and I am pretty tired of not being able to watch Yankee games when I live 40mn from the stadium.
There are some drawbacks as I will most likely miss HDNET and Discovery on my areas cable system. Not sure I will go to Direct as their is a big $$$ outlay for an HDTV receiver.

My understanding has been that YES has insisted that they not be sold a-la-carte i.e., that the YES channel be included in one of the standard packages such as AT120 or AT180. This would increase these packages by a couple of dollars a month and a lot of subscribers wouldn't watch the YES channel and of course wouldn't want to pay for it.

That just made me think of something guys. With must-carry locals moving from 61.5 and 148, couldn't Dish put the HD RSN's on those slots? Not that they would, but that makes a lot of sense since they really couldn't do 61.5 and 148 for national HD unless they wasted space and had it on both slots.

rocatman said:
My understanding has been that YES has insisted that they not be sold a-la-carte i.e., that the YES channel be included in one of the standard packages such as AT120 or AT180. This would increase these packages by a couple of dollars a month and a lot of subscribers wouldn't watch the YES channel and of course wouldn't want to pay for it.

Apparently, DirectTV was able to get Yes on their system so Dish can too without the Bullsh!t excuses.

mboy said:
Apparently, DirectTV was able to get Yes on their system so Dish can too without the Bullsh!t excuses.

Not gonna happen. If you want YES switch to D*.

Personally I applaud E*. If carrying YES added one cent to my bill that's ten times more than it's worth.

NightRyder

I just can't understand why DTV had the ability to get this station and Dish can't. I understand that Charlie says he may have to raise rates if he gets this station; heck he has raised the rates in each of the last 3 years without YES. Did DTV raise the rates dramatically when they got YES? I just think Charlie is just too cheap to get it. I am very sick of the BS that he gives us when he talks about the reasons for Dish not getting YES.

Get YES already; we have waited long enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)