YES Network

dc00

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Does anyone know if there is any chance DishNetwork will carry YES Network? Thanks.

Hmm that’s a tough question. I guess as soon as Hell freezes over.

Charlie is too cheap to get this network… :(

Actually, according to most accounts, YES is too cheap to agree to be in a regional/sports package and wants to be in a regular package, making all of us pay for it instead of just you Yankee fans.

I'll likely be in the same boat when the Mets stations starts up this year.

Big Yankee fan here in Oklahoma. Just dont understand how Direc TV can have YES and Dish cant. I buy the baseball package MLB and just hate having to watch the Yankees from the other teams announcers. Bet Dishes decision costs them lots of customers in the NY area. If I did not have XM radio, I would probably switch back to Direc TV. Come on Dish, GET YES

Now it seems we are going to get HD local channels soon. Then only thing that could made me leave Dish is YES.

stone phillips420 said:
while were at it, what uabout us mets fans how bout adding Sportsnet NY in addition to YES
Supposidly they have a deal with Comcast for that channel

The bottom line is why the hell should the rest of us have to pay for what should be a regional channel.

If YES wants on dish network they should be in a regional package. I.E. East Coast sports package.

If there being stubborn and wanting in a national package or tier package like AT60 to up there potential view rate just so Dish has to pay them more money, what do you think dish is going to do. There going to say Cya your not worth it at this time as the majority of subscribers would be the East Coast.

I don't know the specifics of the whys or why not's, but as was stated earlier it would be plain stupid for Dish to place them in a National or Tiered package that wasn't geared towards there area.

People who purchase sports packages provide a lot of revenue for Dish to buy sports and non-sports programming and equipment, etc. There are plenty of people who shell out hundreds of dollars a year buying the NBA LP, MLB EI, NHL CI, ESPN GP, ESPN FC, etc. There are also many who subscribe to the Multi-sports package as well. For example, I probably pay a lot more each year than all the anti-sports complainers, and there a lot more who also pay for sports. To provide us with some of our regional sports channels is only fair. I am sure Dish Network can afford regional sports channels without crying the blues every time someone asks. As for the ones who want YES or whatever, they have every right to ask for it on these forums.

Yes Network is a very popular network in the nyc/north nj area. Everyday dish network loses potential customers to DTV in this area simply because they don’t have YES.

Yankee and NJ Nets fans have been screwed by Dish… Will the Mets fans be next? Dish will probably pick up the new Mets Network though. However if they don’t, Charlie will have no problem telling Mets fans to switch to DTV.

It just appears to me that Dish Network has no problem conceding the NYC/North NJ area to DTV… :confused:

Well, as a big Mets fan I can say that if Dish Network does not carry the Mets network they will give me no choice but to switch to DirecTV. I would not like to do this because of the Mets network, but that is a must channel for me. Considering they do not have YES, if they do not get SNY they will have no baseball fans in the NY/NJ/CT area subscribing to Dish.

fresco said:
Hmm that’s a tough question. I guess as soon as Hell freezes over.
:(
Then we should already have it. lol

Attachments

• hell.jpg
    hell.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 137
CT Yanks fan here. I have almost considered changing to Direct just because Dish doesn't have YES. Fortunatly for Dish, they're keeping me only because of HD. I tried to get my parents to sign with Dish. Mom said "No Way" if they don't have YES. I don't blame the non-yank fans for not wanting to pay for Yes, but I wish we could have the best of both worlds. C'mon YES, Lighten up make a local deal! It especially hurts when ESPN blocks us out, I have to go to Mom's to watch the game on cable, how embarrassing.

RonMort046 said:
People who purchase sports packages provide a lot of revenue for Dish to buy sports and non-sports programming and equipment, etc. There are plenty of people who shell out hundreds of dollars a year buying the NBA LP, MLB EI, NHL CI, ESPN GP, ESPN FC, etc. There are also many who subscribe to the Multi-sports package as well. For example, I probably pay a lot more each year than all the anti-sports complainers, and there a lot more who also pay for sports. To provide us with some of our regional sports channels is only fair. I am sure Dish Network can afford regional sports channels without crying the blues every time someone asks. As for the ones who want YES or whatever, they have every right to ask for it on these forums.

If you get YES I want AznTV and Trio considering all the garbage filler channels there are like FX and WE that only have like THREE shows worth watching on the sum total of both. Well I correct myself on the FX point technically but lets be honest, FX is an overpriced piece of garbage that is basically network primetime at 9 that's too hot for network and the ONLY shows on WE that are worth it are "Felicity" and "Boston Public" and that's only because I haven't seen EITHER show on another network, if it was otherwise it would be totally worthless as a channel hence why I want a channel with all original programming like AznTV and Trio for the exclusives and cult cancelled shows it airs.
Also, and I know I'm going to inflame some people here but HOW can people like the Yank's? It's like saying you love white bread and hamburgers the most out of any food. Honestly I HATE the Yank's because they're so predictable. I could set a WATCH to the Yankee's wins. How can ANYONE find that enjoyable? I would be bored senseless thinking "Yeah they're going to win this game.". Now a Mets game I'd be more interested in watching.

Sean Mota said:
NEVER ---> Get DirecTv or Cablevision....

The definitive answer. Every thread asking about YES on Dish should begin and end with it.

Thank you Sean.

NightRyder

yeah I think I am going to have to switch this spring too (MAYBE, BIG MAYBE) as cleveland indians are starting up their own network and I Dont think dish will be getting it anytime soon (dish's track record is def. not the best there is in this area! so I will wait and see what happens!

First of all since you quoted me, I don't give a rat's arse about the Yankees and Yes. I chose Dish knowing there is no YES Channel, but I think that Dish could afford YES and the Mets Channel for those that want it, and they can find the money for it from the ones who pay extra for sports. Almost all cable and satellite service in my area has the Yankees and will probably get the Mets.

I just can't stand when someone says it is too costly to get, realizing that this Charlie Ergen is a multi-billionaire crying poverty when people ask for some channel that everyone else has. What's worse than that is when someone writes on here to switch to DTV if a person wants YES. That person may want to be a Dish customer and wants more programming that he or she likes. That person has a right to complain.

I wish every customer could have the channels they want. I realize that sometimes it isn't possible, but there is no harm in asking or complaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts