YES Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you are in the YES viewing area I would not blame you for switching to Direct or (Please don't) cable. But for the rest of us, why the H-ll should we pay for it when we cannot watch it??? Please read all the past posts that explain the offers made to them by Dish that they would not take. Why? because they know the only way to get the high revenue they are asking is to make everyone pay. Dish offered to make it a separate pay channel like HBO but YES refused, because they know not enough people will pay that kind of price. The cost to Dish of most of the other RSN'S pales in comparison of price YES is asking.

And the whole regional sports package thing - as I'm sure you know, you will not get any of the ball games just as you don't for the other RSN'S, and what you may not know is, YES blacks out some non game programming also. On our Charter Cable at least two sport talk shows produced by YES are blacked out. They even blacked out a special on last year's Yankee season. And how many would drop the regional sports package if the cost went up just because of YES?

RonMort046 said:
That person has a right to complain.

And the rest of us have a right to complain about the never ending whine, and to point out that there is an obvious and currently available solution.

NightRyder

Last edited:
Tampa8 said:
If you are in the YES viewing area I would not blame you for switching to Direct or (Please don't) cable. But for the rest of us, why the H-ll should we pay for it when we cannot watch it???
If you are in Tampa, why are we paying for your ability to watch FSN Florida and the Sunshine Network?

YES wants the same deal as FSN NY and MSG. And they are included in the AT120 package. If anyone believes otherwise, I have a bridge to sell over the East River...

Half the people on here are whining about something. Probably right now on this planet at least a billion people are bitching someone or something. I hope everyday I see a thread on here that says "we should have YES on Dish" just to burn some people up. I'll laugh my ass off everytime I see it. Happy Holidays!

I guess some are more easily amused then others. Consider that your Xmas present, I could elaborate further on how little all this really means, but I don't want to spoil your fun. :)

NightRyder

I have no problem if I have to pay extra for the Mets channel. They should not charge people that do not want the channel, but those of us who want it, and will pay for it should have it. For me, it is a deal breaker if no Mets channel. I will have my Met games one way or another. If Dish will not get it than I am sure DirecTV will.

By the way, there are some of us who would be willing to pay more to get our sports channels that should be available to us. I would pay for the Mets Channel also, and maybe even YES.

Let them complain.

I can listen to disgruntled Yankee fans during any season.

Perhaps the answer to the question is: Dish will carry Yes right after the Yankees win their next World Championship!!!

So don't hold your breath.

You guys are totally missing the point.

YES subscriber levels are not even on the radar anywhere other then there region. Yes there are going to be fans all over the place for ANY team but it doesn't make one bit of sense to give them anything other then a regional package deal.

I haven't looked, but my guess is D* has them in a sports package and not in a tier level. If they were a multi sport/team channel like ESPN or similar then it would be worth having them. But there not, there specifically baseball and a second rate team at that.

And just for the record I'm a baseball fan but I'm also realistic.

I had DTV and YES was the one of the regional channels for my area. It was also part of sports pak for those outside the area. More importantly, its games were part of the MLB EI. Whether you like them or not, the Yankees are the most watched team in America, and a EI package without YES is worthless to many Yankee lovers and haters across the country. There are some Yankee games on Dish, but far less than DTV.

I live in an area where the Yankees are very popular even though it is far from NYC, and there are very few Dish subscribers. I like Dish better than DTV, but when people ask me about satellite, I always tell them you won't get YES, and some are no longer interested in Dish. Personally, I hardly ever watch the Yankees although I do like baseball. I have had the EI package since day one because I enjoy other teams more than the Yankees.

When the Dish installer put my DN system in, I asked him if he had Dish, and he told me he has DTV. When I asked him why, he said he is a Yankee fan. Just an opinion, but I think Dish would have more customers if they were a little more baseball friendly. They make a lot of money selling sports packages, and they could afford all the regional sports packages without putting an unfair burden on all its customers.

By the way, DTV does not pay $2 per each national sub. It is $2 per sub in the Yankee designated areas. It is expensive, but sometimes we all can be penny wise and pound foolish. I think having a top-notch baseball package and YES would have picked up some new customers for Dish. Furthermore, if Dish rejects the Mets channel, I bet they will lose more customers and may be less attractive to new ones. This is how I feel about the situation.

Ron

DTV's way is totally realistic. Thats the point I have been trying to make.

Whether its a regional channel put in as part of there base package or a regional sports package like Dishes Multi-Sport package or both for those outside of the area.

Bottom line is YES has to be realistic also.

They were offered the same deal, but somehow the misinformation that DTV had to pay $2.00 for every subscriber (whether in NY area or not) was spread, and this is what they reportedly wanted from Dish. If that were even remotely true, that would mean that DTV is shelling out about $22 million each month to YES. I'm sure DTV is not paying out $264 million per year to YES. There are some who still believe this to be true.

YES Network is also a very popular subject in this dish network forum. :D

So it’s been about four years now that Dish has rejected putting YES on its network. Maybe Charlie got his feelings hurt during the negotiations? He looks like he is a sensitive person... Maybe he is holding a grudge against them? He sure can afford to get this station by now... how many more years does he need?

How many billions of $ has Dish Network made during those four years? Still can't afford to get YES? :confused:

RonMort046 said:
They were offered the same deal, but somehow the misinformation that DTV had to pay $2.00 for every subscriber (whether in NY area or not) was spread, and this is what they reportedly wanted from Dish. If that were even remotely true, that would mean that DTV is shelling out about $22 million each month to YES. I'm sure DTV is not paying out $264 million per year to YES. There are some who still believe this to be true.
DTV may not pay $2.00 per month/per subscriber, but my former cable company did raise its rates by $2.00 per month explicitly stating the reason for doing so was adding YES to their lineup.

That's because YES is available on your system to all the subs in that area. They are not charging people in California and Idaho two bucks.

RonMort046 said:
That's because YES is available on your system to all the subs in that area. They are not charging people in California and Idaho two bucks.
Available sure; they added it to their standard lineup and are charging all of their customers, whether or not you are a NYY fan, baseball fan, or sports fan in general. You could argue it might be worth it from April through September, but the rest of the year??? :no

Hey, I live in the Midwest and I want to watch the Red Sox and the Giants in HD.

Why is Charlie too cheap to provide this to me as part of my AT180 package, this is what I want to know?

And, why should I get only one FSN channel. If I pay the monthly fee for FSN, I think I should get all of the FSN channels. That d*mn cheap Charlie is ripping me off!

cosmo_kramer said:
Available sure; they added it to their standard lineup and are charging all of their customers, whether or not you are a NYY fan, baseball fan, or sports fan in general. You could argue it might be worth it from April through September, but the rest of the year??? :no

Well how is that different from any cable system. Our goofy Adelphia carries Comcast Sports Philadelphia, FSN Pittsburgh, YES, and MSG. it is not a choice whether you want them or not. Everybody pays as they do for USA, TNT, Bravo, etc. There is no question that the sports channels raise the price of cable, but Adelphia also has NHL CI, MLB EI, ESPN FC, ESPN GP, etc. Those packages bring in revenue from sports fans. Sports costs and sports revenues should balance out in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts