YES Network

Gen Custer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Any word on whether or not there is an outside chance in hell that this is ever going to come to DISH.

This is why I am forced to pay a $38. fee to directv during baseball season-just to get YES. I would LOVE to see dish pick up YES. Dont know why they picked up the Mets network so quick but as of yet have done nothing with YES.-must be money. Ron

I am hoping that maybe late this coming winter, E will begin to seriously rethink their position on YES! I would think they would realize that with more NYC region customers joining Dish through these combo tel./satellite/internet plans, it would behoove tham to offer the #1 RSN to such a huge market!?
I switched from Comcast here in CT to DIsh, miss getting YES in HD on INHD2, now I watch it on awful analog cable. May have to leave E again for Directv, although I prefer dish's HD lineup!
Makes no sense to me...greed I guess.

In the past 18 months or so Dish has shown renewed interest in sports programming, picking up the NFL Network, CSTV, ESPN-U, SportTime Ohio, Sportsnet New York, and adding Fox Sports Prime Ticket to Multi-Sport. This may or may not have been related to personnel changes in the programming department at Echostar - previous programming VPs appeared to show more interest in international programming and sports than domestic sports.

So I thought this past spring was perhaps the best chance yet to see YES Network added, and of course it wasn't. As any rabid Yankees fans have long since moved to DirecTV or cable, there may be little benefit to adding YES to Dish at this point, and the chance of seeing YES Network on Dish anytime soon is probably next to nothing. Sorry. :(

Last edited:
jrbdmb said:
In the past 18 months or so Dish has shown renewed interest in sports programming, picking up the NFL Network, CSTV, ESPN-U, SportTime Ohio, Sportsnet New York, and adding Fox Sports Prime Ticket to Multi-Sport. This may or may not have been related to personnel changes in the programming department at Echostar - previous programming VPs appeared to show more interest in international programming and sports than domestic sports.

So I thought this past spring was perhaps the best chance yet to see YES Network added, and of course it wasn't. As any rabid Yankees fans have long since moved to DirecTV or cable, there may be little benefit to adding YES to Dish at this point, and the chance of seeing YES Network on Dish anytime soon is probably next to nothing. Sorry. :(
well they have a few upstate lil markets on the agenda( still to be added).. so if they really want to steal customers from time Warner (only real cable outfit upstate) it would behoove them to add YES

I think it is some outrageous demands by Steinbrenner.

I'm surprised George will just be happy to leave a few million eyeballs out of his distribution scheme..

We Mets fans are happy, though.... anything to keep the Yankees from making any money off of us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)