Yesterdays Superdish installation.

Iceberg said:
Hopefully they don't send the same turnip out

See Cascade, if you didnt live so damn far away, me & Pete would do it (just giving ya crap Pete) :)

I don't mind doing it myself, you guys are always welcome down here for a couple of days if you're ever around - you'd have to fight over who gets the dogs bed though :)
It's the fact that I've been jerked around so many times already with these people, and that these so-called installers are supposed to carry out a job without all this extraneous BS I'm getting.

What pissed me off (Again) was that the rep wasn't sympathetic, didn't apologize, nothing. It makes me wonder if I'm expecting too much.

Maybe I should get this pollified...

Maybe your expectations of the caliber of an installer are set too high because of the company you keep : )

Ok, now I'm nervous about tomorrow. I've really been looking forward to getting locals since Isabel messed up my roof antenna. Now I wonder if I will be watching locals tomorrow night.

Also, I would prefer not to have a pole mount. Can superdishes be done on the roofline. I may switch to directtv if the pole mount is the only way I can go.

Cascade said:
Yeah, I'm gonna Pete, I'm in the process of mailing ceo right now, I haven't touched it and I won't - this is their screwup AGAIN.
And as for all these people knowing about it, a guy from DBSTalk PMd me last night to ask how it went as he's in my vicinity, I gave him the URL of this thread (Hi tkiker) so a lot more people are bound to see it.

Like I said I'm nervous now. I'll just switch if I have problems. My neighbor didn't have any trouble with Direct TV. They even came back and reinstalled for free after Isabel last year.

Cascade said:
Iceberg, your avatar pic, is that you or some wrestler type guy?

The avatar picture is of NWA Wildside (Georgia) pro wrestler Iceberg.

The man is a mountain (6'3 and 600lbs). I just love the intro they give him

"From Places Men Fear to Tread
Weighing 600 ponds
The being of incoceivable horror
and the no pain train
The Iceberg"

tkiker, you may get lucky and get a real nice install, with grounding, a signal - the works!
My beef also stems from the original installation nightmare which you can read

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=18815

Let us know how it goes tomorrow, my installers invoice address was:

DNS LLC Baltimore
7045 Troy Hill Dr Ste 100
Elkridge, MD 21075

If he gives you and BS about a fictional "Storm cloud" Blocking 105, kick his ass for me willya?

Berg. I thought it was a pic of you, I had a big joke lined up and everything.
PSB will know who Phil Mitchell is, probably.

TO answer an earlier question, yes, a SuperDish CAN be roof-mounted, but it's difficult and most installers will not do it. It requries stablization arms, and other heavy-duty parts and attention.

I actually don't mind doing roof installs, it is the tower installs that are alot of fun! ;) I usually drill holes in the bracket, U-Bolt it to tower, and use a metal strap to hook the dish frimly to the antenna tower. The acutal arm of the bracket goes through the center of the tower. That baby don't move though! :p

tkiker said:
Also, I would prefer not to have a pole mount. Can superdishes be done on the roofline. I may switch to directtv if the pole mount is the only way I can go.

Do them everyday.

I have zip tied switchs to the mast and have never had any problems. Back when the dish 500 first came out we use sheet metal screws and mounted the sw21 switches to the underside of the LNB arm. They are made to withstand the outdoors. I prefer them to go in the attic or at the crawl space opening, but on upgrades most of the time you can't do that.

I dont install SuperDishes on roof's. Also I dont leave a customer's house until the signal on 105, 110, and 119 are acceptable and all channels are activated. The way the switch is mounted in one of the pictures would cause it to dangle in the wind which is not good.

Stargazer, the guy didn't even get a signal on 105 although he did call to activate them.
Which was nice.
I see 2 people think I'm expecting too much from Echostar, meaning they'd be happy with an installer coming round, installing their dish and leaving them with no signal.
Looks like those 2 people didn't leave a comment either, perhaps they don't mind "taking one for the team".

My Dish 500 is actually installed into the side of the house towards the roofline. Would the installer be able to just replace the dish 500 with the super dish.

Also cascade, have you watched anything on locals yet? I'm hoping to watch the olympics on NBC clear for the first time tonight! Did anybody see what Hamm did in the all around, man what a come back. But of course my NBC station went fuzzy after he fell on the vault. Didn't see the great comeback.

tkiker said:
My Dish 500 is actually installed into the side of the house towards the roofline. Would the installer be able to just replace the dish 500 with the super dish.

Also cascade, have you watched anything on locals yet? I'm hoping to watch the olympics on NBC clear for the first time tonight! Did anybody see what Hamm did in the all around, man what a come back. But of course my NBC station went fuzzy after he fell on the vault. Didn't see the great comeback.

Depends on the situation... is it mounted on brick? I saw one yesterday while i was playing golf that was mounted to the side of someones house with 3 stabilizer arms... the thing took up the whole story of brick wall... it was crazy to see that.

If DishNetwork would let people (who wanted to) do their own installs maybe installers would have more time to do a better job. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I definitely would have not had the horrible experience I went through. 4 no-shows spanning over 8 months. In the picture that Cascade provided of the lnb housing I see the feed horn exposed. I have a 105 Type 1 Superdish and mine does not look anything like his. I realize that he has a Type 2 dish but I didn't think there would be that much difference in the lnb assembly. Would someone elaberate on this for me ?
Cascade hang in there ,sorry you are having these problems but it will get right one day.

With 3 cables from the antenna and 3 from the switch, why put the switch outdoors? That's 6 more fittings exposed to the weather let along the switch being exposed!
Or am I missing something here?

videobruce said:
With 3 cables from the antenna and 3 from the switch, why put the switch outdoors? That's 6 more fittings exposed to the weather let along the switch being exposed!
Or am I missing something here?

True, very true. People are idiots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)