Yet another 722 remote question!

solstars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
I know the questions on the 722 remotes have been done to death, but this is really starting to irritate me. I have a just replaced the old 15 year old 19" bedroom television witha new Vizio 32" LCD. One of the deciding factors in replcing the old one was that I have been juggling remotes in the dark since I bought my 722 a few months back.

The 722 UHF remote does not have a code for my old TV, and I cannot use one of my many wonderful universal remotes since TV2 doesn't support IR (who made that decision)?!?!

Now, with a current brand new TV, I still cannot use the UHF remote, since the sleep timer (pretty important function in the bedroom) cannot be accessed by the UHF remote. I have gone through the codes listed on the E* website, but the two that control my TV will not allow the menus to be accessed. Unfortunately, the menu will come up, but the keys will not allow me to navigate.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? Some other remote code perhaps (Vizio isn't even listed in the manual)? A way to use IR on TV #2 (which should be available anyway)? Has anyone else tried to set up this brand?

Please do not respond with "just use the other remote", as the whole point was to unify the control in the bedroom. Like I stated, I have several learing universal remotes, but the "top of the line" E* equipment will not let me use them.

All I want to do is to be able to use a single remote in my bedroom. I don't see why it should be so complicated.

I know the questions on the 722 remotes have been done to death, but this is really starting to irritate me. I have a just replaced the old 15 year old 19" bedroom television witha new Vizio 32" LCD. One of the deciding factors in replcing the old one was that I have been juggling remotes in the dark since I bought my 722 a few months back.

The 722 UHF remote does not have a code for my old TV, and I cannot use one of my many wonderful universal remotes since TV2 doesn't support IR (who made that decision)?!?!

Now, with a current brand new TV, I still cannot use the UHF remote, since the sleep timer (pretty important function in the bedroom) cannot be accessed by the UHF remote. I have gone through the codes listed on the E* website, but the two that control my TV will not allow the menus to be accessed. Unfortunately, the menu will come up, but the keys will not allow me to navigate.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? Some other remote code perhaps (Vizio isn't even listed in the manual)? A way to use IR on TV #2 (which should be available anyway)? Has anyone else tried to set up this brand?

Please do not respond with "just use the other remote", as the whole point was to unify the control in the bedroom. Like I stated, I have several learing universal remotes, but the "top of the line" E* equipment will not let me use them.

All I want to do is to be able to use a single remote in my bedroom. I don't see why it should be so complicated.

Buy a Harmony.

If TV2 was controllable by IR, how would you get the IR signal to the 722 location? You going to install IR repeaters?

A solution would be to get DISH's newest remote version. It's a learning remote so you could program it to control the Vizio buttons that aren't preloaded. And still keep the RF you need for controlling TV2 on the 722.

It's $19.99 + shipping direct from DISH. Call them and ask for the version 21.0 learning remote.

Last edited:
If TV2 was controllable by IR, how would you get the IR signal to the 722 location? You going to install IR repeaters?

A solution would be to get DISH's newest remote version. It's a learning remote so you could program it to control the Vizio buttons that aren't preloaded. And still keep the RF you need for controlling TV2 on the 722.

It's $19.99 + shipping direct from DISH. Call them and ask for the version 21.0 learning remote.

I'll second that. I got 2 of the new 21.0 remotes for my Olevias and they work great. If one of the new codes that are loaded in it doesn't solve your problem you can "learn" whatever button you want to do whatever....I had the same problem with my Olevias, I could access the menu but couldn't navigate it. Because of the learning capablity, now I can.:)

Ed

Get out you manual and scan for the code. A friend with a 211 works his Vizio.

Way back when, Dish announced a TV2 IR kit.

I keep asking my distributor (Dow) if it has been released yet...but, so far, no.

(Would be a good thing for people who want a Harmony in the bedroom)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)