yet another eastern arc question

scottbakertemp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
[FONT=Arial,Bold]Looks the 1000.4 dish can support 3 lines. How many satellite tuners can you put on each line?

I would like to go up to 4 satellite tuners (not sure how many receivers yet). If you can only do one tuner per line can they put a duplexer or switch on the end to allow me more than 1 tuner per line or do you have to get 2 dishes when you go over 3 satellite tuners?

If such a device exists, what is the number of inputs and outputs on this and what is the approximate cost for the device?

sorry for all the questions,
-Scott
[/FONT]

do you want them all to be dual tuners? i would think if you use single tuner boxes and a separator you can use 4 boxes on one dish. i have never tried this, so this may not work.

I already have a dual tuner 622. I'm thinking about getting 2 single tuner units or 1 dual tuner unit in addition to the 622 I already have.

[FONT=Arial,Bold]Looks the 1000.4 dish can support 3 lines. How many satellite tuners can you put on each line?

I would like to go up to 4 satellite tuners (not sure how many receivers yet). If you can only do one tuner per line can they put a duplexer or switch on the end to allow me more than 1 tuner per line or do you have to get 2 dishes when you go over 3 satellite tuners?

If such a device exists, what is the number of inputs and outputs on this and what is the approximate cost for the device?

sorry for all the questions,
-Scott
[/FONT]

Three receivers, all of which can be dual tuners as long as they are from the VIP Series. For more, you need a switch, usually the DPP44 which accepts 4 sat positions for 4 receivers. I've seen them priced from $80 - $200.

Three receivers, all of which can be dual tuners as long as they are from the VIP Series. For more, you need a switch, usually the DPP44 which accepts 4 sat positions for 4 receivers. I've seen them priced from $80 - $200.

So your saying my current 622 that has 2 lines going to it could work with 1? What do I need to "split" the signal?

So your saying my current 622 that has 2 lines going to it could work with 1? What do I need to "split" the signal?

It takes one line from a 1000.2 or 1000.4 or 500 dish with DPP LNB to power a dual tuner VIP Series receiver like the 622 if a separator is used. The separator looks like a signal splitter and likely came with your 622. If you have one line coming to your 622 that goes into a splitter looking type of device that then has two lines going to the two sat-in ports of your receiver, that device is the separator. If not, the installer will have them or you can buy from Dishstore.net, one of this site's sponsors. See the top banners.

Thank you everyone. I'll look at the stuff that came with the receiver when I get home tonight. I think I've got everything figured out. Sounds like I might be able to get away with not running any additional lines.

thanks again,
-Scott