Yet Another Failed Dish Negotiation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It looks like a flaming dog turd of a movie. But, I consider anybody who refuses to carry it to be cowardly, selfish, and a tad unpatriotic by giving in to the little fat dictator's little fat dictator son.

I can't imagine what possible legitimate reason there was for not adding it to Dish' VOD lineup. The only reason I can think of is fear. But, that's not a legitimate one.

I think the most likely reason is fear. These providers all saw what happened to Sony and the hackers said they would go after anyone who distributed this movie via VOD next. I do agree that it's sad how few companies trusted their network security enough to stand up to the hackers though.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for Microsoft and Google and that encourages more providers to step up to the plate.

Reactions: TheKrell
EVERYBODY hates North Korea. Who do you think they would be offending?
Any of their international customers. Even if they don't like North Korea, they may feel like there culture may be next. I'm not saying it makes sense, but human psychology is irrational.

Imagine them hacking Directv and/or Dish to where they put their own programming on the channels or releasing new hacks compromising their systems like they had been in the past as revenge.

Well within a couple of hours of the release of this movie, it probably has already shown up on pirate sites to download for free, so I don't think Sony will be raking in the big dough on this movie.
We did rent it form Google Play and must admit it is a very funny movie. We started watching an old xmas classic it's a wonderful life but got tired of this movie half way through and decided to bite the bullet and
watch The Interview 8/10.

To show my support for Sony, instead of renting I went ahead & purchased it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Reactions: ChadT41
To show my support for Sony, instead of renting I went ahead & purchased it.

Merry Christmas everyone.
I bought tickets to see it in theater. I love sitting in my living room and enjoying a movie on my big screen, but there is just something natural feeling about seeing a major movie release on the jumbo screen. I am hoping it's not as packed as I think it's going to be.

You are right Chad, nothing beats the movie experience even if you have the big screen at home. The iMax movie experience is awesome. Haven't been to one of those in years.

FWIW, the movie was great. Had the right amount of stupidity, some serious issues were played out, and non stop funny. The whole theatre was laughing the entire way through.

We enjoyed the movie also. I wish they would have new movies available like this via VOD the same as the theater.

I definitely prefer the home experience, way more comfortable. Besides they won't pause the movie because you drank 40 ounces of whatever & need to use the bathroom. :eeek

I think we can all agree, this was a terribly titled thread. It was not a failed negotiation. Dish didn't want it. DTV didnt want it. TWC didn't want it.

Comcast does not have it either nor does Charter. I don't think it was made available to cable/DBS providers

I think we can all agree, this was a terribly titled thread. It was not a failed negotiation. Dish didn't want it. DTV didnt want it. TWC didn't want it.

OK, let me try this one more time. When I started this thread, the only article I could find I linked in the first post. It mentioned Dish in a one sentence paragraph:

"A plan to distribute “The Interview” over Dish Network fell apart after talks between Sony and the satellite TV provider broke down over the weekend."

At the time, it sure looked like a failed negotiation to me. If I had started this thread a few hours later, it might have very well had a different title.

OK, let me try this one more time. When I started this thread, the only article I could find I linked in the first post. It mentioned Dish in a one sentence paragraph:

"A plan to distribute “The Interview” over Dish Network fell apart after talks between Sony and the satellite TV provider broke down over the weekend."

At the time, it sure looked like a failed negotiation to me. If I had started this thread a few hours later, it might have very well had a different title.
If it "failed" for anyone, it "failed" for Sony, the Seller in this case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)