Yet another opinion

My wife simply wants to have it. We could get by with a OTA whole home DVR if I could find one that works well enough. We have a Tablo, but the trick play, especially on live TV that is being actively recorded is buggy, so we went back to YTTV to make her happy. I'd be willing to try a different option, but haven't found one that sounded any better than the Tablo. It is nice to have the cable channels from time to time, but most of the time, we don't watch much more than locals. I'd be willing to switch to Hulu Live to save a buck, but my wife has gotten used to the YTTV interface. If you want/need traditional linear TV with a good DVR, it is hard to beat YTTV for the price.

My wife simply wants to have it. We could get by with a OTA whole home DVR if I could find one that works well enough. We have a Tablo, but the trick play, especially on live TV that is being actively recorded is buggy, so we went back to YTTV to make her happy. I'd be willing to try a different option, but haven't found one that sounded any better than the Tablo. It is nice to have the cable channels from time to time, but most of the time, we don't watch much more than locals. I'd be willing to switch to Hulu Live to save a buck, but my wife has gotten used to the YTTV interface. If you want/need traditional linear TV with a good DVR, it is hard to beat YTTV for the price.
Channels — Live TV & DVR This is what I use.

Reactions: ncted
The only thing I watch on Live TV is the News Channels, still watch shows that are on Broadcast/Cable Channels, but watch them on the Streaming Services for the better quality.

For example , watch the FBI Shows on Paramount+ because of the higher bitrate picture and sound, the 1080P picture Paramount provides looks almost 4K on my Sony and the DD+/Atmos sound is better.

I have already decided to get rid of YTTV after College Football, by the 2024 season, I expect all the games to be streaming, including the Bowl Games.

All the NFL games will be streaming this year, except for some playoff games on Fox, but I get that via OTA, so not a worry.

Just two years ago, no one thought about the NFL embracing Streaming like they have, expect College to do the same.

If not, I will pick up YTTV for September to January, then drop it again, rinse and repeat if I have to.

It fills a need and is less expensive than traditional services. Until that stops being the case we'll be subscribing.

Not really sure what the complaint is in the blog, since it doesn't really recap or provide prior posts going into their grievances. I don't see any extra ads or anything opening my app and navigating to a local channel or another live channel, so the complaint about paying for ads doesn't really make sense.

What I do know is there isn't value proposition that exists now nor will there be in the future that will have us relying on a dish on the side of my house and/or monthly per-box and other fees that will never exist in whatever on demand service I use for the programming I consume now.