Yet Another "Slimline" Install Question - Tilt?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Macwarrior

Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Hi All,

I have decided to do my own install of my “Slimline” because I didn’t care for the install that the last installers did. My 3LNB dish is already pulling the lag screws out of the roof because of not securing well enough against the wind. And, they did no grounding of the dish at all.

So I am installing my “Slimline” myself and letting the installers possibly just doing the “tweaking” portion. I saw a company out there were you can “rent” a Acutrac22 so I might do that myself too. Anyway, everything is going good. I even used 2x4’s in the attic to help secure the lag screws to the dish. Even the 2 braces have 2x4’s securing it. It is very very solid.

The thing that concerns me is the look angle setting information that I see for my area. I live in 45424 zip and it shows on 2 sites, Elevation = 40.7°, Azimuth = 208.6°. and Tilt = 19.2 :confused:. Tilt is what has me concerned since my WNC AZ/EL back stops at 40°. Plus not to mention that that is a very severe Tilt. I know that I can measure out to the 19°. But does that seem right on the Tilt? It’s almost like the dish length will be closer to up & down rather than side to side.

Thx.
MacWarrior

When I plug you zip code into my receiver here is the information that is given.

Tilt = 71
Elevation = 41
Azimuth = 211

Hope this helps.

When I plug you zip code into my receiver here is the information that is given.

Tilt = 71
Elevation = 41
Azimuth = 211

Hope this helps.
Wow. It does help. Wonder why the major difference? Thx, Jag

MacWarrior

One or the other may not be taking magnetic declination into account? ... and the skew (tilt) was likely just plain wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)