Yo east coast, we be in the bag here in MD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yah my slimline has survived in all the snow we had in the midwest... even ice storm.. it held up didnt lose nothing and its still snowing tonight. im watching tv as we speak...

no need to cover the dish.. really.

Well, I have a pile of PrimeStar dishes behind the barn. They are all bigger than anything Directv used. The pile of arms and pipe looks way cooler than a box of (a little cooler) modern Directv dishes.

Anyhow, there is snow on those suckers and they are not working. Maybe if somebody had taken the time to cover them...when they were young.........someone who cared....someone who could not let them be covered with snow or ignominy or other crap.

They are still my friends and I still speak to them....sometimes....a little.....after work...when the truck is parked...and locked

Joe

I GOTTA GO ON DECK,

Big Winds...Radio has reported Ice! The passengers should not know until it is time to take to the boats. Let no man take a woman or child to a room....no that didn't sound right...Let no man do anything with women waiting for a ride while the ship sinks...except...wait...I know......

Look, this is a different kind of snow anyway.

Joe

MIDNIGHT,
The dog is asleep and knows not what is out there. Slowly I move my fingers on the Directv remote controller. I need to see the signal levels on all thirty two transponders. .....There it is. There are low or missing numbers, numbers showing zero. My enemy is there in the mid point of the Directv satellite dish antenna.

If it wasn't for the damn snow I could shoot. Since aiming is blocked, I call Yoralph.
Yo, Ralph!
Bring it in on my POS. Blast them flakes, Ralph!...............tomorrow there will be cartoons for kids who never knew about silly or stupid.

Let them have silly & stupid, Ralph....blast the damn snow! DO IT !!!!!!!

Joe

Last edited:
go to bed joe.. when your kids wake up.. you wake up and then go brush the snow off and then your day will be fine.

Dish is in the bag. Kids cat is looking up into the bag. Raccoon! Can't shoot tonight....hmmm...teach cat to kill hmmmm?

Maybe tomorrow?

Joe

Transponder signals to fol

Joe should print this thread and put it on his mantle.

Thank God he went to bed around 2 before hurting himself.

Cabin fever at the BEGINNING of a storm? Go figure.

It is worse than that. This place has been slow for the last few hundred years. Since the snow started folks have an excuse for not going out.

Be it resolved that feeding pets has become a priority! If the plow trucks don't get to us by next Wednesday I'm going to put the dogs on the menu.

Beer is running low already!

Directv is chugging along...the bag saved us! All the Baltimore channels report deep snow. Pals in Pittsburgh, Philly and Washington D.C. report deep snow. High wind to follow. Pals in Detroit & Cleveland report...Oh, it snowed?

Stay tuned......I'm off to feed the dog.

Joe

you live in the country or city? ive lived in the country and have to wait a few days before the plow comes by.

It is a little of each,

Actually here the rural parts of the county will be fine. They are used to this kind of thing. You drive off the main roads and you get into narrow, tree covered but paved roads the plow trucks cannot attempt in the dark. Those folks use their back porch and barn for refrigerators.

It is in the cities where snow conditions will hurt. IF you depend on convenience stores for a supply of corn dogs and pizza slices you could be screwed by this blizzard. There is no place to put the snow. The plow trucks will mound in your car for many days.If your car got stuck on the way home yesterday it will be towed, stolen or vandalized by now. The junkies and dealers may rob you as you walk along or break into your house if they get cold or stuck.

My system here is different. I have the cell number of a state plow truck driver (installation customer). The owners of the closest bar and jug store are...installation customers. My personal doctor is further down the street..in the woods where he will not be able to drive but where one can pop a deer any time (installation customer.) Several builders and grading contractors with heavy equipment are...you guessed it... Once this stuff stops (tomorrow) we will all join forces and attend to a local emergency....clearing the Elks parking lot so the Super Bowl Party (SBP) can proceed. I'll need to get there to clear the dish and run some splitters because they too are an installation customer.

Now to feed the dog...again & find a cook book with dog recipes...just in case.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)