You can't tell me that Voom and Installs, inc don't care

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Well after posting my Voom install experience here,
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10239&page=3&pp=15

I got an e-mail from Voom. I am leaving their names out of the post but her title is "Special Situations Coordinator" and another from E-mail from Installs, Inc his title is "Western Region Manager" asking for my contact information. They were concerned with the level of service I recieved from Prostar. I just got off the phone with Installs, Inc. He was very appologetic and he assured me that they would be speaking with Prostar about their installers and thier attitudes. He also mentioned that it didn't make sense for Prostar not to make every attempt to fix it right, becuase Installs does not pay them to come back out to get it right. They get paid for the install vist and that's it. That could explain the quick work they make of the job on subsiquent visits.

I haven't talk to the Voom lady yet but I jsut checked my e-mail and it's problably after hours.

So as far as Voom and Installs, Inc goes, I have no problem with their response to my problem. Prostar could have tried a little harder to get me taken care of.

Yeah, the problems don't come from Voom or Intalls Inc. They stem from the POS sub-contractors that Intalls Inc. have to deal with (although it is on them to reconcile any problems that these subs create). It's just the sad state of affairs in todays world that there are so many bitter people out there that hate their jobs.

Just got off the phone with Voom. She was a very nice lady. She was ready to have a manger from Prostar sent out to resolve my issue. I am satisfied with where I am with respect to my OTA's now so I said not to worry about it. She assured be that ction will be taken against the several intallers that showed up and did nothing and they will not be paid for showing up.

She also said to keep her e-mail address and phone number and to call er anytime I need help. I have never had a company treat me like this. They have a loyal customer here for life.

Once again, Voom and Installs have impressed me with their actions. My only compaint is the actual installers that need to be used.

I am sure they have their reasons but I much would have ratchered to do a self install. It seems to me that would eliminate a lot of the bad experienences posted here and on yahoo.

I don't have a problem with VOOM or the company that installed the equipment. They've all been more than sympathetic and are both more than willing to come back out and fix stuff; however, the actual installers themselves are the big problem as stated.

The installers are often a POS because Installers Inc. pays virtually nothing for installs and has poor quality control. I wish I could remember the exact figure. Maybe an installer can give the figure? Those who find good installers should consider themselves quite lucky.

Metro Tech in Dallas, Texas has been excellent. Very knowledgeable installer and he came back with a big 6' antenna to replace my Stealth when I had OTA problems. They called a week before to confirm and again the day before. Installer called before he came to let me know he was on the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)