You won't believe the Install I saw tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just a quick fyi, dish network does not include hd cables either hdmi or component cables in the 622/722/211/222 boxes, they have to be brought by the installer. This causes some issues especially if the warehouse (like the one I am out of) doesn't have either for a period of a week. We try our best to keep them on the vans but that is not always possible. In times of desperation some techs will use 2 sets of AV cables, one to send component video threw and the other for audio.

Just got a 722 and only received the component cables. I have read that some folks have gotten HDMI cables but I think the numbers are few.

Once and for ALL, hopefully: NEITHER HDMI NOR COMPONENT CABLES COME BOXED WITH A DISH HD RECIEVER.

You may have been supplied cables by your installer, at his cost, but they were not in the unopened receiver box.

fred
(at $1500 to $3000 bucks, the TV manufacturers should throw cables in the TV box for free!!!!!!!!

Ever since DISH stopped putting Component or HDMI cables with their receivers they have been doing a dis-service to the customer.

How many HDTV receivers are being installed without the proper cables and are not delivering a True HD signal?

I can buy a 6 foot HDMI cable for around $3 wholesale, but thats not the point. The customer is spending upwards of $100/mo, they should be given a fricken $3 cable!

Hehe, he probably meant composite cables ;) The SD ones still come with composite and S-video!

I completely agree though, for what customers are paying, and the compression and all dish uses on the HD streams, they should make sure the customer has as good a picture as possible! They'd probably get brownie points in that department with the customers in cases where directv or the local cable monopoly might not do the same.

Once and for ALL, hopefully: NEITHER HDMI NOR COMPONENT CABLES COME BOXED WITH A DISH HD RECIEVER.

You may have been supplied cables by your installer, at his cost, but they were not in the unopened receiver box.

fred
(at $1500 to $3000 bucks, the TV manufacturers should throw cables in the TV box for free!!!!!!!!

Your right. Sorry for misleading the masses.

And is is always 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'. ;)

Why wouldn't you want to show your uncle the wow effect??

You're doing your uncle a dis-service by not helping him out.

Why wouldn't you want to show your uncle the wow effect??

You're doing your uncle a dis-service by not helping him out.

Believe me I want too, and I was even willing to bring over the cables required free of charge to do so! But he acted like "I" didn't know what I was talking about. I believe he is unhappy with me because 2 years ago when I first told him about HD (because he had the CRT HDTV) he called dish and they installed a 622 with with regular A/V yellow/red/white cables and ended up being unhappy. Why was he unhappy, he stated it was because the picture didnt' look any better than before. He didn't seem to understand that reason was because of the SD hookup!! Hes been paying for HD service for 2 years now and hasn't had an HD picture yet!!!

So hes ticked at me for saying how much better the picture would be, and since it wasn't, I was lying to him....Next time I go over there I am just going to take the cables with me and hook it up before he even knows whats going on and then show him the results...

Does Dish now provide the HDMI/component cables with their equipment, and did they at the time your relatives had their system installed?
yes. we are required to carry component and hdmi cables. My employer has to pay for them and provide them free of charge.
Now granted the HDMI cables we give away are very cheap and of low quality. But they do a decent job.

I don't understand why they didn't at least use the component cables that came with the 622. The second TV will not have HD unless hooked up to its own receiver. I really wish Dish would have an ATSC RF Out on the Second TV Output. Although I understand they are running in to issues because of HDCP BS.
the component cbales do not "come with" the receivers. We bring them with us. If his company was out of them, then he had nothing to install but the composite(RCA) cables. Those come with the receiver ion the opriginal carton. Component and HDMI cables are sold and shipped seperately to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)